+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have anyone applied for a Work Permit from Inside Canada? Please help!!!

newCanadaWP

Feb 26, 2014
Hi,
I recently applied for work permit and my application got approved and I received the visa. I am from India (I need visa to get into Canada).
My application was without LMO. But at the same time, I got another offer from different city (during the same time I applied TWP). So instead of submitting another TWP application I thought once I enter Canada with the work permit and can do one of these two options.

1. Can I ask the immigration officer at the border to give work permit to work with the second employer ?
if not
2. Apply for new work permit from inside Canada?

My question is is it possible to get WP at the border for a different employer than I initially applied for ? (as I did not submit LMO)?
is it possible?
If not can any one suggest the best procedure to get second/new work permit?
Advanced Thanks for your help.

Jan 19, 2014
From what I understand, you applied for a work permit without an LMO and thus what you have is an open work permit. If that is the case, the open work permit doesn't limit you as to where you can work, you should be able to use the same open work permit for two employers at once. Just check the notes on the work permit, if there is no limitations as to how many hours you can work and not limited to just one employer, I wouldn't bother with re-applying for a second one.

newCanadaWP

Feb 26, 2014
ChocolateisOkay said:
From what I understand, you applied for a work permit without an LMO and thus what you have is an open work permit. If that is the case, the open work permit doesn't limit you as to where you can work, you should be able to use the same open work permit for two employers at once. Just check the notes on the work permit, if there is no limitations as to how many hours you can work and not limited to just one employer, I wouldn't bother with re-applying for a second one.
Hi ChocolateisOkay,
Thank you for your help. I applied for open work permit. I got the visa stamped and it says worker W-1.
I did not get the work permit yet. That I am going to the border to get it in few days.
I am hoping the same, as you said I am permitted to work for any employer.
Lets see.
Thank you once again.