+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have an arrest in UK 2008 but no conviction. Shall b applying for PCC.Need help.

Shindag

Nov 8, 2013
I have applied for the FSWP this June'13. I am the principal applicant and my wife is dependent applicant. My application as been accepted and I have cleared the initial assessments. My file was transferred to my home country office around Oct'13.

I am now preparing to acquire PCC from my home country and from UK where I resided from 2007 to 2010 (Note - I am not a citizen of UK. From 2007-2008 I was there on student visa and subsequently from 2008-2010 I was on Tier 1 Visa). In the year 2008 Nov I was arrested for disorderly conduct after a party where I ended up drinking too much to handle. This happened in Glasgow-Scotland where I was locked up at the London Road Jail. Before locking me up they recorded my fingerprints, swabs etc. as per procedure. In the morning I was released with a note that said that I had to attend local court. I went to the court on the said date but while I was awaiting my trial at the courtroom, one of their official staff came and told me that there will be no trail for me and that I was free to go. After that I never got arrested or had a run in with the police in the Scotland.

In the yeah 2009 I left Scotland and went to New castle-England due to my job. In between the arrest and year 2010 which is when I left UK I had cops stopping me on street late in the night or coming to my house due to noisy parties at my house and taking down my name and address etc. in a small diary but never issued me with caution or arrested me or even said anything for that matter. This only happened 3-4 times.As mentioned before in Nov 2010, I came to my home country where I have been working and my record is clear with no run in with the police.

I will be applying to UK-ACRO shortly for PCC Certificate and was just wondering what kind of response I would get and weather in the question that asked you weather you had any arrest/caution/convictions etc. should I be truthful and explain the event. In case I do mention yes and describe the event I have a further issue that is when we were preparing to send our FSWP initial application I was away overseas on some official project and my wife was completing the form on my behalf. She was unaware of this event and for some reason I was not comfortable in opening up about this so we ended up ticking "NO" for the question about arrests/conviction/caution etc. In this situation irrespective of UK-ACRO PCC result should I write a letter to the authorities owning up the mistake and justifying the event (because I think here it will be willful misrepresentation of facts). I am very much gutted about this and I am worried about my application. I would appreciate any guidance.

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I would come clean with all the events even if you were working & say your record is clear.
CIC has a way of finding out regardless & as you mentioned it can be classed as misrepresentatiin which is more serious hiding than being upfront.
At the end of the day its their decision but wish you the best of luck!

Shindag

Nov 8, 2013
believe13 said:
Hi

I would come clean with all the events even if you were working & say your record is clear.
CIC has a way of finding out regardless & as you mentioned it can be classed as misrepresentatiin which is more serious hiding than being upfront.
At the end of the day its their decision but wish you the best of luck!
I should have done the same while filling out the initial application and believe me I wanted to but since the whole form was filled out in a jiffy by my wife on my behalf and was done over several phone conversations as I was out of country at the time.

Anyway I cannot turn it back and as much as I am gutted by the regret, I wish there was some way that I could inform them about the fact that I misrepresented in the initial form (I was thinking of sending them a letter informing that the misrepresentation was not deliberate and also explaining them about the events at the same time). I dont really know when I should do this.... Like before I apply for UK - PCC or after I get my UK - PCC.... Not really sure... Any suggestions please.

In any case I shall go for my UK - PCC by Dec, 2013. Currently I am pursuing my home country PCC which should be clean and I was thinking that maybe I can give that as a supporting document in my defense if and when I decide to send a letter to the Canadian Visa Processing Center in support of my application.

Anyone who has had a similar experience kindly share. Also thanks believe13 for your reply.

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
HI

Just came across this thread, and wanted to know if you have received your UK PCC, and if the arrest record appeared on the report?

Shindag said:
I should have done the same while filling out the initial application and believe me I wanted to but since the whole form was filled out in a jiffy by my wife on my behalf and was done over several phone conversations as I was out of country at the time.

Anyway I cannot turn it back and as much as I am gutted by the regret, I wish there was some way that I could inform them about the fact that I misrepresented in the initial form (I was thinking of sending them a letter informing that the misrepresentation was not deliberate and also explaining them about the events at the same time). I dont really know when I should do this.... Like before I apply for UK - PCC or after I get my UK - PCC.... Not really sure... Any suggestions please.

In any case I shall go for my UK - PCC by Dec, 2013. Currently I am pursuing my home country PCC which should be clean and I was thinking that maybe I can give that as a supporting document in my defense if and when I decide to send a letter to the Canadian Visa Processing Center in support of my application.

Anyone who has had a similar experience kindly share. Also thanks believe13 for your reply.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
patecole said:
HI

Just came across this thread, and wanted to know if you have received your UK PCC, and if the arrest record appeared on the report?

When you get your PPC back it will say either NO TRACE or NO LIVE TRACE. no trace means you have a clean record with no convictions or any arrested, with the no live trace means that you have had a conviction OF SOME SORT but the time has been served. . PCC keeps records for 99 years in the U.K. Even if you have been convicted in any country PCC will find it.

BQ

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
I believe that you first apply for PCC from London and see what their response is and what kind of a certificate you will get.
After that, you are in a better position whether to disclose the info or not....
thanks
By the way what is the procedure for applying PCC from United Kingdom as i stayed in UK for almost 3 years and i am very soon going to drop my case for Canada immigration.
thanks

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
BQ said:
I believe that you first apply for PCC from London and see what their response is and what kind of a certificate you will get.
After that, you are in a better position whether to disclose the info or not....
thanks
By the way what is the procedure for applying PCC from United Kingdom as i stayed in UK for almost 3 years and i am very soon going to drop my case for Canada immigration.
thanks

You can download the forms on line ACRO it takes about 10 working days and cost 45.00 pounds. You have to summit current colour passport photo , and have it endorsed by the list they provide on line. Two proofs of current address within the last 6 months.Its pretty simple .

mandy100

May 13, 2015
hi Patecole and Shindag,

can you please confirm what was your outcome with UK PCC and also let us know whether you have informed about your conviction although you are not convicted.I am in similar situation. I don't want to mislead canadian visa officers. But I was wondering are they considerate to people who have arrest but no further conviction. Back in 2011 while I was working in UK I got arrested by UK police for an assualt case filed by my landlord ,later in police station I have told police and the helping lawyer what has happened (I dared landlord infront of every tenant in that same house because he was not providing basic services in the house))between me and landlord. They came to know that I did not hit him or punch him, then they have released me. But I have to give finger prints, swab and other details since it is UK law. Although I was released immediately the filling or the case will stay in UK police recorded for years (i don't know how may years),thus it is making me be insecure and feel lonely for many years now. I came to my home country because of sadness and depression caused due to that arrest. If I have enough money I want to prove to UK police and court that landlord is culprit and unethical person who was employing bogus students to do household work at all his properties and he is not a good citizen to be let and live in UK.