+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have 5 years experience in one NOC, can get a job offer in different NOC?

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
My question is very simple.
I have an experience of 5 years in one particular NOC, now suppose if I apply and get the job offer in different NOC.

So first of all can I get a job offer belonging to different NOC? If yes, then will there be any problem while applying for Work Permit or PR via express entry (using that job offer of different NOC) since my experience is of different NOC?

Please suggest how to tackle this situation
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My question is very simple.
I have an experience of 5 years in one particular NOC, now suppose if I apply and get the job offer in different NOC.

So first of all can I get a job offer belonging to different NOC? If yes, then will there be any problem while applying for Work Permit or PR via express entry (using that job offer of different NOC) since my experience is of different NOC?

Please suggest how to tackle this situation
Thanks
As long as they are somehow related, you should be fine. If they are not related and you have no experience or education related to the NOC of the job offer, IRCC may challenge this.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Armed carpenter
Sorry I did not get this?

As long as they are somehow related, you should be fine. If they are not related and you have no experience or education related to the NOC of the job offer, IRCC may challenge this.
Thanks for your support. you said IRCC will may challenge this, but would this be challenged for PR or Work Permit?

My experience is related to 1311 (Accounting technicians and bookkeepers) and (1431) Accounting and related clerks, but my would be job offer is 1241 which is Administrative assistants. I hope they are inter-related.

zempheth

Feb 26, 2020
hi all,
I have the same questions as the author of this thread.
I am a mechanical engineer 2132 being offered what is essentially a construction manager 0711 position in BC. both share similar traits, project management, budgeting, request for quotes etc hence the job offer
can anyone with prior knowledge comment as to the applicability for both working permit (LMIA) or PR (FSW)? bonus points for any comments relating to LMIA exemption via CPTPP (Australia-Canada agreement for temporary workers) and BC PNP
Thanks