+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

shalz25

Nov 12, 2014
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
THANKS KRYS!!!

I AM STILL IN DISBELIEF! THE APPOINTMENT IS AT 8:30 IN THE MORNING ON WEDNEDAY... WE ARE SO HAPPY. LAST NIGHT I SLEPT SOLID FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 2 YEARS. I THINK MY HEART IS TELLING ME... NOT MUCH LONGER...

WE ARE ALL SO STRONG TO HAVE CHOSEN THIS ROAD, BUT ITS THE ROAD TO HAPPINESS...

-DORY

CONGRATS DORY!!! It's great to see you girls get some great news, the ball is rolling, 2 down a few more to go :)

Kit-Kat

Nov 14, 2014
If your were told to be there at 830 and were asked inky to bring the two passport visa photos you spouse will more than likely receive his or her visa. In my experience those that require interviews are not asked to come in at 830. What likely will happen is that your spouse will arrive with a bunch of others who have also been called for the same day. They will be asked to drop off their passports and to come back at around 2-3 in the afternoon. At that point passports will be handed back with visas inside. Good luck.

justagirrl

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
06-06-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Kit-Kat said:
If your were told to be there at 830 and were asked inky to bring the two passport visa photos you spouse will more than likely receive his or her visa. In my experience those that require interviews are not asked to come in at 830. What likely will happen is that your spouse will arrive with a bunch of others who have also been called for the same day. They will be asked to drop off their passports and to come back at around 2-3 in the afternoon. At that point passports will be handed back with visas inside. Good luck.
This is exactly what happened TODAY when my husband got his VISA!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm SO excited! And I'm so excited for DORY too!! It's happening ladies!! Our husbands are all going to be here SOON!!

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
justagirrl said:
This is exactly what happened TODAY when my husband got his VISA!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm SO excited! And I'm so excited for DORY too!! It's happening ladies!! Our husbands are all going to be here SOON!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I am planning on marrying my boyfriend in May and send the application in June/July. So exciting to see all the people getting accepted in such short times wow :) Gives me a lot of hope since my family is not really supporting me that much since I am only 21... Anyways, we are starting preparation for the application.. Does anyone know how long/how early my boyfriend should apply for the police check and medical exam? Are there fees for this as well? CONGRATS to all the people getting accepted righty now.... it's so amazing!!

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
(Havana Only) September 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Requested February 24, Appt. March 24, 2015
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
cassidyxo said:
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I am planning on marrying my boyfriend in May and send the application in June/July. So exciting to see all the people getting accepted in such short times wow :) Gives me a lot of hope since my family is not really supporting me that much since I am only 21... Anyways, we are starting preparation for the application.. Does anyone know how long/how early my boyfriend should apply for the police check and medical exam? Are there fees for this as well? CONGRATS to all the people getting accepted righty now.... it's so amazing!!
Congrats, and I can understand why your family has concerns. It is a VERY expensive endeavor and excruciating and long process. and Everything costs money. There are so many fees. The police certificate is about 40 CUC and should be ordered as close as you can to when you submit your application. It takes appx 30 days to get one. For the medical, it was 405 CUC but was supposed to go up this January. Again, it is only good for 1 year, so doing this as close as possible to submitting the application is best to avoid it being expired by the time that get to your application, in case of delay.

Be prepared to spend at least 4,500$ just in fees between the wedding doc, notary, application fee, medicals, etc. the first year. This does not include any travel or stays in cuba, or the wedding itself. Factor in all the other expenses for communication with your husband, trips, the wedding, etc, it adds up REALLY fast.

Best of luck to you.

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Krys said:
I was so happy to see good news! Keep us posted as to what happens next
Thanks Krys! Means alot, everyone is routing for eachother!!! I got you all in my prayers!

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
MrsHubby said:
By Wednesday, you mean Feb 4? Just wondering how much time they give you from the time they call to the time you need to be there.
Mrs. Hubby! I am going to email you back! Thanks for the Love! - SORRY FOR THE DELAY, ITS BEEN CRAZY! and my phone doesnt always work on this page!

-D

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
MrsHubby said:
Congrats, and I can understand why your family has concerns. It is a VERY expensive endeavor and excruciating and long process. and Everything costs money. There are so many fees. The police certificate is about 40 CUC and should be ordered as close as you can to when you submit your application. It takes appx 30 days to get one. For the medical, it was 405 CUC but was supposed to go up this January. Again, it is only good for 1 year, so doing this as close as possible to submitting the application is best to avoid it being expired by the time that get to your application, in case of delay.

Be prepared to spend at least 4,500$ just in fees between the wedding doc, notary, application fee, medicals, etc. the first year. This does not include any travel or stays in cuba, or the wedding itself. Factor in all the other expenses for communication with your husband, trips, the wedding, etc, it adds up REALLY fast.

Best of luck to you.
Thank you for getting back to me so fast. I'm lucky my boyfriend has more than half of that saved up so I won't be going at this alone. So I am assuming that the police should be ordered at the end of April, so we have it for May/June? I was reading some comments saying that the police check will last about a year, and some say only 3 months? I'm heading down there in a few weeks, then again in May for the month, I'm hoping to get a lot done before that. Does the medical exam take a long time to process? Should he be calling to book an appointment so it can be ready for when we need it?
Thank you for getting back to me so fast. Are you still in the waiting period? :)

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
cassidyxo said:
Thank you for getting back to me so fast. I'm lucky my boyfriend has more than half of that saved up so I won't be going at this alone. So I am assuming that the police should be ordered at the end of April, so we have it for May/June? I was reading some comments saying that the police check will last about a year, and some say only 3 months? I'm heading down there in a few weeks, then again in May for the month, I'm hoping to get a lot done before that. Does the medical exam take a long time to process? Should he be calling to book an appointment so it can be ready for when we need it?
Thank you for getting back to me so fast. Are you still in the waiting period? :)
Hey Cas, I sent you a PM back - send me an email, I'll send you all the information I have.

If your from Toronto, I have contacts for translators that can help you get the doc's translated at a decent price..

I made a few mistakes along the way and didnt have any help- so whatever i can do for you I will...

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
(Havana Only) September 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Requested February 24, Appt. March 24, 2015
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
cassidyxo said:
Very much still in the waiting process, and it's not easy. The police certificate needs to be issued not more than 90 days before the application is submitted. After that, it is apparently good for a year, but there have been cases where CIC has asked for a new one when the applicant picks up their visa. My guess would be to order the police certificate in April.

You need an appointment for the medical and on average, it takes about a month to get the appt.

Brito623

Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
Doc's Request.
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
06-10-2014
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Request
Submitted in Advance
Med's Done....
18-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2015
LANDED..........
01-04-2015
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
Before I go to bed I wanted to share my special news!!! My hubby got the call today! Right when I thought the day was done...he called to tell me the news! He has to go to the embassy next week with passport and visa pix! I'm speechless and in shock STILL lol..... I am not too sure if its for interview or not bit...we have to wait a little longer to see what our future holds

But! I wanted to ease everyones hearts and minds,,, the ball is rolling... Holidays are over and HAVANA is on fire.

GOD BLESS U ALL!!!!!
Congratulations Dory!

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
Brito623 said:
Congratulations Dory!
THANKS EVERYONE... THIS WEEK IS GOING BY SO SO SOOOOOOOOOO SLOW - WILL WEDNESDAY EVER GET HERE?

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
MrsHubby said:
Very much still in the waiting process, and it's not easy. The police certificate needs to be issued not more than 90 days before the application is submitted. After that, it is apparently good for a year, but there have been cases where CIC has asked for a new one when the applicant picks up their visa. My guess would be to order the police certificate in April.

You need an appointment for the medical and on average, it takes about a month to get the appt.
Okay amazing!! Thank you so much! When did you put your application in?

debt

Jan 27, 2014
Hi there, my husband had his interview Jan. 26/15 & it was successful. That same day I paid the Permanent Residence Fee (I'm not keen on giving anyone $490 before I have to). I have emailed both the Havana & Mississauga offices to find out when he can pick up his Visa - still no answer? Any thoughts?
Also, what are the next steps once he gets his Visa, how soon can we make plans to get him to Canada?
Thanks for your help.