Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
lokyy said:
one question though,,in the email it says ''cic received your application for permanent residence in Canada'' on 2014/11/18 do they mean they received it(havana vo)? or they received it today?(which is when we got the aor2 form havana vo?
I'm in boxing u my email address...send me the letter and I'll take a look at it so I know what you're talking about lol

denbre

Mar 12, 2015
Hello i am new to this forum and i have a few questions? My sponsorship application was sent to Havana in late November. While my application was waiting for approval in Canada Cic they lost my file and my lawyer had to send a new file at my expense. It took almost five months fir my approval and since my husbands medical check has expired. We have not heard from Havana yet as to whether he needs to renew it? It has been almost four months since our file has been in Havana. Could anybody let me know what they think?

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
denbre said:
Hello i am new to this forum and i have a few questions? My sponsorship application was sent to Havana in late November. While my application was waiting for approval in Canada Cic they lost my file and my lawyer had to send a new file at my expense. It took almost five months fir my approval and since my husbands medical check has expired. We have not heard from Havana yet as to whether he needs to renew it? It has been almost four months since our file has been in Havana. Could anybody let me know what they think?
Heyyyyyy are you the one I met at the park central hotel while we were using the Internet?!

denbre

Mar 12, 2015
Yes i thought that was you also! Congrats by the way!!! Yes we haven't heard anything yet other than our app is there since late November. I guess that could be a good thing! If they wanted his medical redone i think they would have requested it by now? Hopefully he gets a call by the end of the month? They were very quick on yours! Can you send me a personal contact either email or phone number so we can talk?

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
denbre said:
Yes i thought that was you also! Congrats by the way!!! Yes we haven't heard anything yet other than our app is there since late November. I guess that could be a good thing! If they wanted his medical redone i think they would have requested it by now? Hopefully he gets a call by the end of the month? They were very quick on yours! Can you send me a personal contact either email or phone number so we can talk?
Sure thing. I inboxed you

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
woaaaaahhhh!!!!!!! so much excitment here!! i like to check in every so often to see how people are doing...

SA/ AOR AND VISA ISSUANCE SEEMS LIKE A FADED MEMORY NOW - BUT I JUST WANT TO REMIND EVERYONE TO HAVE FAITH AND REMEMBER... THAT ALL THE SUFFERING WE WENT THROUGH VANISHES THE SECOND THAT GOOD NEWS IS GIVEN TO US!

I AM NOW TRYING TO COMPLETE VISITORS VISA FOR MY MOTHER IN LAW, I WANT TO SURPRISE MY HUBBY WITH A VISIT FOR OUR CANADIAN WEDDING... THIS APPLICATION IS HORRIFIC... MORE SO THAN SPONSORSHIP! IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

XOX

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
woaaaaahhhh!!!!!!! so much excitment here!! i like to check in every so often to see how people are doing...

SA/ AOR AND VISA ISSUANCE SEEMS LIKE A FADED MEMORY NOW - BUT I JUST WANT TO REMIND EVERYONE TO HAVE FAITH AND REMEMBER... THAT ALL THE SUFFERING WE WENT THROUGH VANISHES THE SECOND THAT GOOD NEWS IS GIVEN TO US!

I AM NOW TRYING TO COMPLETE VISITORS VISA FOR MY MOTHER IN LAW, I WANT TO SURPRISE MY HUBBY WITH A VISIT FOR OUR CANADIAN WEDDING... THIS APPLICATION IS HORRIFIC... MORE SO THAN SPONSORSHIP! IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

XOX

Dory there is prob a forum on here related to TRV

Hapeekarn

Mar 12, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 14,2015
Med's Done....
June 20, 2015
Interview........
June 15, 2016
I am new to this and have a question. Well many but my first is my fiancé works at a gaviota owned hotel in the kitchen. Will we be able to get married at a different gaviota resort or will it have to be non gaviota owned? As well will he be made to quit working there after we get married? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide me. He is working in cayo coco and living in moron.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
My husband worked at Club Amigo and once he told them he was marrying a non Cuban he lost his position apparently that is the procedure. We were married at Brisas but we could have been married at Club Amigo if we wanted to as I was paying for the wedding I had the deciding vote lol. We had to be in Cuba for 3 days before the wedding to meet with and pay the lawyer that performs the official . There is a lot of paper work to be prepared before you even get to Cuba Wise to contact the wedding planner at the resort as they can tell what is required. All documents must be approved and translated to Spanish in Canada by the Canadian consulate and the Cuban consulate in Canada The cost was around 1500 in Canada and the Cuban part 750cuc and then the cost of the Hotel wedding Total was around 5000 by the time we were married .

Hapeekarn

Mar 12, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 14,2015
Med's Done....
June 20, 2015
Interview........
June 15, 2016
Oh that's not great news :( do you know if he has to tell them that he is marrying a non cuban? Or will they find out somehow? If he just takes some time off and doesn't say why would that work? Are you doing the process yourself? I have a consultation with an immigration lawyer today because it all seems so overwhelming and I don't want to screw anything up and chance slowing the process down even more.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
Hapeekarn said:
Oh that's not great news :( do you know if he has to tell them that he is marrying a non cuban? Or will they find out somehow? If he just takes some time off and doesn't say why would that work? Are you doing the process yourself? I have a consultation with an immigration lawyer today because it all seems so overwhelming and I don't want to screw anything up and chance slowing the process down even more.
you dont really need any lawyer for this,,you'll end up paying a lotttt of money for something you can do yourself,,,
as for your bf,,i recommend him not to tell anyone he is getting married with a Canadian,,,this happens all the time and when they find out he will be already out of Cuba,,(note a year ago cubans needed a permission to leave cuba,,thats when they went to get their passports they had to say what for and immigration informed the hotel that he was getting married) but,,the permission to leave was abolished in 2013 so,no need to say anything now..
source: myself,i am cuban,,i worked at a hotel,i am now in canada.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
Application Received
Medicals Received
after that what?

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
lokyy said:
Application Received
Medicals Received
after that what?
Now you wait! My ECAS hasn't been updated since they updated it to Medicals Received in October.. I think it all depends on the officer reviewing your case and if they will update your ECAS. If you want to know what's going on with your case you should order your gcms notes for $5, you'll receive them around 30 days and can see all the notes they have added to your file so far

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Krys said:
Now you wait! My ECAS hasn't been updated since they updated it to Medicals Received in October.. I think it all depends on the officer reviewing your case and if they will update your ECAS. If you want to know what's going on with your case you should order your gcms notes for $5, you'll receive them around 30 days and can see all the notes they have added to your file so far
i stopped looking after a while and used this page as a refrence point... get to know the people here with similar time lines and then talk to one another about updates and what not!

ECAS was useless for me... but like kyrs said it really depends of the officer working on your file, some people it gets updated regularly... mine NO! hahha...

Hapeekarn

Mar 12, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 14,2015
Med's Done....
June 20, 2015
Interview........
June 15, 2016
lokyy said:
you dont really need any lawyer for this,,you'll end up paying a lotttt of money for something you can do yourself,,,
as for your bf,,i recommend him not to tell anyone he is getting married with a Canadian,,,this happens all the time and when they find out he will be already out of Cuba,,(note a year ago cubans needed a permission to leave cuba,,thats when they went to get their passports they had to say what for and immigration informed the hotel that he was getting married) but,,the permission to leave was abolished in 2013 so,no need to say anything now..
source: myself,i am cuban,,i worked at a hotel,i am now in canada.
Thanks for the info lokyy. I went and yes seems like a lot of money for what I have to prepare for the marriage. I will do that part myself as it seems it's just transacting documents, getting them motorized and taking to the cuban consolate. I think I will use them for the sponsorship portion though. I am going down on march 28 to see him for 12 days and said we should apply for his passport then a we want to get married in the summer. Will they ask him why he wants it and if so what should he say? Did you get married on a resort? Is there a way on here I could pm you if I have more questions about his parts to do in cuba? Thanks so much. I will get the hang of this site soon and all the ins and outs lol