+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone's visa been delayed because of the strike?

mhindawy

Apr 6, 2013
According to the visa office in Cairo, I'm approved but there must be a security check done in Ottawa. The visa office expected to hear from Ottawa on July 10 but haven't heard a thing until today August 6.
I checked the student visa processing time for Cairo and its 7 weeks. Does this mean 7 weeks from the date I put my application online or from the date it arrived Ottawa?
Has anyone been thrugh this delay? Any comforting thoughts?

mhindawy

Apr 6, 2013
I was contacted by the visa officer on June 25. She said I should stay tuned. I was contacted on August 12 to submit my passport to stamp the visa, but the embassy has been closed since the 14 because of the turmoil in Cairo.

Mahmoudismail

Aug 19, 2013
Oh god :( , this is really kelling me, and till now it is announced as closed on their website , and am not even aware if there will be any kind of contingency plan i feel that i won't get my study permit and the TRV to catch up with fall semester.

anyways wish you the best and keep us updated if possible please :)

Mahmoud

slipmp

Aug 19, 2013
I applied to my visa in first week at June.

I am waiting since that without notice... They didn't ask me about the medical examination yet :(

I lost my flight because of it. It would be in August 23, but now I reschedule it to September 20...

I am too sad because of that, because this strike...

Please, someone knows when it will be stop?

mhindawy

Apr 6, 2013
I'd say don't schedule any flights until u r contacted to submit your passport (if u had applied online.)

The money you will lose by booking late is just the same you will lose by canceling tickets twice. Just a thought!