+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone received help from their MP in getting IRCC to do their jobs?

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Frankly, your objective eludes me.
Yours is very clear. Whenever someone complains about IRCC, you launch into strawman (and unhelpful) attacks and imply that it is the applicant somehow at fault. The way you wrap it into 1000 words, makes it more comical than sinister and IMO, mocking is the mildest response you deserve.

Its not just me who sees past this, take a look at other responses to you. Read the room for once.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
...the online service for checking the status shows "language skills", "physical presence", and "prohibitions" all still "In progress". My assumption is that these three components are in fact complete, but they won't be marked as such until a test appointment is made available to me.

I did my test 3 months ago, and was marked as completed a week later, and still have these three fields "in progress". I believe they start working on them after the test, but completing the test doesn't mean they will be marked completed immediately.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I did my test 3 months ago, and was marked as completed a week later, and still have these three fields "in progress". I believe they start working on them after the test, but completing the test doesn't mean they will be marked completed immediately.
This is essentially correct. Language and presence will not be complete until at least the conclusion of the test (and ordinarily, but for temporary Covid related procedures, the interview), but presence and prohibitions are often not completed until some time after the test.

As previously noted, verification the applicant meets the language requirement is specifically done as part of the knowledge of Canada test and, again ordinarily, the interview. If the language element is not complete as of the conclusion of the test-interview step that means (usually, there are always some exceptions) the applicant failed to pass the language screening and will need to be retested.

Reminder: submission of proof of language ability with the application is only for the purpose of meeting the complete application requirements. That does not meet the applicant's burden of proving language ability sufficient to meet the eligibility requirements for the grant of citizenship. Applicants subject to the language requirement must still pass language ability screening no matter what form of proof was submitted with the application.

Ada Wilson

Jun 26, 2024
I am not getting any real help from my Liberal MP in regards to my Permanent Resident Card..... I sent in my application for it almost 4 yrs ago.......they keep on giving me the run around. I went to the MP's office for help. It took me 7 months to get an appointment to actually see my MP, I find that outrageous.... I gave them the info for IRCC and they resent everything I already sent numerous times to IRCC. Just got notified by IRCC that my case is closed. They said I can re apply again, but I have to pay again. I have already had a PR card once from them. Now they are denying me. I have been in Canada for 66 years as a landed immigrant......I have all the proof you can think of, but they won't issue another PR card......and the MP's office doesn't seem to care..... Any one have any suggestions? because this is total insanity..... So I can leave Canada, I just can't come back in without a PR card.....

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am not getting any real help from my Liberal MP in regards to my Permanent Resident Card..... I sent in my application for it almost 4 yrs ago.......they keep on giving me the run around. I went to the MP's office for help. It took me 7 months to get an appointment to actually see my MP, I find that outrageous.... I gave them the info for IRCC and they resent everything I already sent numerous times to IRCC. Just got notified by IRCC that my case is closed. They said I can re apply again, but I have to pay again. I have already had a PR card once from them. Now they are denying me. I have been in Canada for 66 years as a landed immigrant......I have all the proof you can think of, but they won't issue another PR card......and the MP's office doesn't seem to care..... Any one have any suggestions? because this is total insanity..... So I can leave Canada, I just can't come back in without a PR card.....
Reapplying is a better option as things are faster these days then 4 yrs ago.

You never thought of becoming a citizen?

Ada Wilson

Jun 26, 2024
Yes I have thought of it and I do not want to be a citizen at this point. Both my parents were accidently killed in this country by an inept medical system. Also if you are poor here, which I am, you cannot afford the justice system here and all the agency's that help the poor are overburdened at this point. So I could not sue for my parents wrongful death. Then my Canadian husband died because he could not get the health care here that he needed, he could have gotten it in the USA but we could not afford it. I have many more situations that I have gone thru in this country that are just outrageous because so many of the systems here don't work or are overwhelmed and now it's worse than ever out there. I have basically lost everything to this country and now they say I can leave but not come back in after 66 years of being here.... It truly is shameful what Canada has become.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes I have thought of it and I do not want to be a citizen at this point. Both my parents were accidently killed in this country by an inept medical system. Also if you are poor here, which I am, you cannot afford the justice system here and all the agency's that help the poor are overburdened at this point. So I could not sue for my parents wrongful death. Then my Canadian husband died because he could not get the health care here that he needed, he could have gotten it in the USA but we could not afford it. I have many more situations that I have gone thru in this country that are just outrageous because so many of the systems here don't work or are overwhelmed and now it's worse than ever out there. I have basically lost everything to this country and now they say I can leave but not come back in after 66 years of being here.... It truly is shameful what Canada has become.
I know you are going through a hard time but my suggestion will still be to reapply.