+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa appointment availability

surbee

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
If the appointment goes good and the visa is approved, how soon do you get your passport back?

I have my visa appointment in May and have travel scheduled for month later.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
If the appointment goes good and the visa is approved, how soon do you get your passport back?

I have my visa appointment in May and have travel scheduled for month later.
Appointments are getting cancelled exactly one month before the scheduled date. Let me know if yours goes without any interruptions.
Good luck.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Appointments are getting cancelled exactly one month before the scheduled date. Let me know if yours goes without any interruptions.
Good luck.
The appointments are still getting cancelled even after the H-1b ban is lifted?
Damn.,...

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Damn.,...
i do not think the appointments are nothing to do with H1b ban. Also its nothing in the hands of US govt alone. Because if thats the case, the regular appointments have started way back in Jan in India but not here. So its something linked with Canadian govt's green signal on this.

seaheart521

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Damn.,...
if this ban is lifted, i think they will not cancel the appointment. Even for now, if you work for the same employer and same position, they should give you visa and let you enter US.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
if this ban is lifted, i think they will not cancel the appointment. Even for now, if you work for the same employer and same position, they should give you visa and let you enter US.
What is this same employer same position? Even if theres a change they will do their part of background check and approve the Visa.

seaheart521

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
What is this same employer same position? Even if theres a change they will do their part of background check and approve the Visa.
under current ban, they won't issue you visa if you change employer (different from the ones in your form)
I just checked their website - now it say 404 not found. hahaha . that ban may be lifted now

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
under current ban, they won't issue you visa if you change employer (different from the ones in your form)
I just checked their website - now it say 404 not found. hahaha . that ban may be lifted now
Yes, all we need is lifting the ban and start serving regular appntments.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
The ban was lifted on March 31, which was yesterday:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-presidential-proclamation-10052.html

It says that there will be a phased resumption of routine, prioritizing people who have yet to get their interviews.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/phased-resumption-routine-visa-services.html

I don't really know what's going on with the embassies in Canada and why they're much slower.
So Maybe @swan0206 is right:

i do not think the appointments are nothing to do with H1b ban. Also its nothing in the hands of US govt alone. Because if thats the case, the regular appointments have started way back in Jan in India but not here. So its something linked with Canadian govt's green signal on this.

seaheart521

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
The ban was lifted on March 31, which was yesterday:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-presidential-proclamation-10052.html

It says that there will be a phased resumption of routine, prioritizing people who have yet to get their interviews.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/phased-resumption-routine-visa-services.html

I don't really know what's going on with the embassies in Canada and why they're much slower.
So Maybe @swan0206 is right:
thx for sharing!!! that is good. our appointment will not be canceled.

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi all - are there appointments available in vancouver/calgary consulates? It seems the regular appointments are not shown, do we need know, when the regular appointments will be available? Thanks.

greencard14

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-12-2014
Is there anyone in this group whose April appointment is not cancelled yet?