+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
scan22578 said:
Thank you nomad. My file # is 7913-09-1075. Who does the pre-assessment? I haven't been following the forum / AINP too much. So that question may sound basic! I got an invitation to apply from Alberta.
In terms of this forum, if you sent intial docs with email and then got a hardcopy letter of invitation in snail-mail which they ask to send along with documents - then it is called pre-assesment.

ainp

Apr 6, 2009
New Occupation Pressure list posted on 19 May 2009

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/h1b_AINP_Occupations_Under_Pressure_List.pdf

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
scan22578 said:
nomad_musafir said:
scan22578 said:
Hello my fellow AINP hopefuls / already nominated people,

I got an acknowledgement email from AINP on April 21st of '09 with file number. The email says that the decision will be made in 8 months! Are they taking more time now because of the number of applicants? I have some questions (I am NOC 2171 candidate) -

What is your file number? Did you apply with/out pre-assessment?

1. Do we really need to stay on H1 during the assessment period? I have changed employers since the application was submitted. Economy is bad as everyone knows. I may go back to India resulting in H1 cancellation. Attorney told me that my status was locked at the time of pre-assessment. What do you feel?

Under current rules, you need to maintain H1 status until AB nomination.

3. Also what are the chances of denial by AINP? I have 5+ years of work experience in US and a MS degree. 2 more years of work experience in India. I am on H1b.

There have been only 2 "valid" reports of denial on this forum. One person wrote that he wanted to live in Toronto instead of any place in AB. Another person applied for a nomination for a job code that was determined to be different that his/her current duties. imo... with your education and experience, you should have no problems. If you really want Canadian PR, then you need to keep your H1 valid until your are nominated, at which time you may leave and request AB to transfer the case to New Delhi for CIC phase of the process.

Thanks and regards.
Thank you nomad. My file # is XXXX-XX-1075. Who does the pre-assessment? I haven't been following the forum / AINP too much. So that question may sound basic! I got an invitation to apply from Alberta.
Can you please post your timeline?

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
ainp said:

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/h1b_AINP_Occupations_Under_Pressure_List.pdf
I dont see any software/computer occupation except managers. Am I correct??

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Mike053 said:
ainp said:

Me too... cant belive it that Canada is doing this!!!

ainp

Apr 6, 2009
YES no software/computer occupations in the new list,

Documents sent on 1st APR, 09
Documents Received on 2nd APR, 09
Applied under 2173 Software Engineers and Designers

waiting for file number

A

Albertagoverner

Mike053 said:
ainp said:

Yes you are. and 0213 now will have both options to go with FSW and AINP.

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
divagirl said:
Mike053 said:
ainp said:

I think they have received tons of applications from computer/software people, that's why they did that. they have tried to follow the path of federal government who have eliminated them too. They think they have got enough computer/software engineers without jobs, now they want only managers who can give them work.....bad...bad...

canadiens

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
As per their website the new list is effective only for those applications with a postmark date after May 19th 2009.

AlbertaDestination said:
What will happen to those software engineers who have already got file numbers. Will they now not get the nomination?

A

Albertagoverner

AlbertaDestination said:
What will happen to those software engineers who have already got file numbers. Will they now not get the nomination?
Here is explanation:

Important note: An updated version of the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List was posted on May 19, 2009. Any applications postmarked on or before May 19, 2009 will be assessed based on the previously posted list. All applications postmarked after May 19, 2009 will be assessed based on the list currently posted.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
FYI
Important note: A updated version of the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List was posted on May 19, 2009. Any applications postmarked on or before May 19, 2009 will be assessed based on the previously posted list. All applications postmarked after May 19, 2009 will be assessed based on the list currently posted.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Albertagoverner said:
smilyster said:
AlbertaGovernor shut XXx up. You Just leave this forum here, we all will get nominations except you.
Irritated Folks:

There is nothing to mind. It really doesn't matter that somebody is born in India or Nepal. These countries are symbolic expression of third world. This is fact that youngs of these countries are running away from Homeland and finding new places which is not good for the future of any Nation. Especially In case of that eastern land so called "India". This country is doing GREAT things. My view was that those days are over while if you miss any immigration opportunity like this Alberta one, You are nowhere. You might still have some GREAT options. India is no longer a land of "Snake Charmers".
Kishore Thapaliya is above context is a symbol of an average Citizen of Third world/developing country like India. Kishore could be Sanjay Patel or It could be Preeti Gupta how does it matter? Kishore could be resident of Mumbai or kathmandu it really doesn't make any difference in inference.
So Mr Governor, with this preaching why dont you withdraw your application from AINP and make way for others. Practice before you preach. It also will help others with faster processing.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Mike053 said:
divagirl said:
Mike053 said:
ainp said:

I think they have received tons of applications from computer/software people, that's why they did that. they have tried to follow the path of federal government who have eliminated them too. They think they have got enough computer/software engineers without jobs, now they want only managers who can give them work.....bad...bad...
IMO most of people on H1B are in computer related fields. So it is but natural to have most of the applications at AINP from the computer related people. Canada cannot just build the pool of one talent. They have to diversify, so that kind of makes sense.

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Maaann!!! ..... How long is it going to take .......... this wait is killing me ....... every day I check my mail box Twice and .... nothing ..... Frack!!!