+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

umaguy

Nov 9, 2008
AINPDUDE,
I did not have CIC file number prior to my AINP nomination. Luckily, I received the nomination and the CIC instruction along with file number at the same day. The letter from AINP did not give instructions on how to proceed specifically with my case, i.e., having previous FSW application filed. AINP only gave the instruction on new application to CIC. However, they contacted CIC and mailed them the certificate directly. So, in the letter from CIC, it is stated very clearly that if I choose to discontinue with FSW, and to proceed with PNP, then I do not need to pay again. I was given the choice in the letter to keep both going and pay extra money for the PNP, but there is no point to do that.

Hope that helps.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
umaguy said:
AINPDUDE,
I did not have CIC file number prior to my AINP nomination. Luckily, I received the nomination and the CIC instruction along with file number at the same day. The letter from AINP did not give instructions on how to proceed specifically with my case, i.e., having previous FSW application filed. AINP only gave the instruction on new application to CIC. However, they contacted CIC and mailed them the certificate directly. So, in the letter from CIC, it is stated very clearly that if I choose to discontinue with FSW, and to proceed with PNP, then I do not need to pay again. I was given the choice in the letter to keep both going and pay extra money for the PNP, but there is no point to do that.

Hope that helps.
umaguy,

i really appreciate it...

umaguy said:
The letter from AINP did not give instructions on how to proceed specifically with my case, i.e., having previous FSW application filed. AINP only gave the instruction on new application to CIC.
so the letter from AINP might have asked u to submit a new application with new fees to CIC correct...
in my case AINP letter did ask me to submit new app & fees and they mentioned that they did contact CIC and
mail them the certificate directly....

umaguy said:
So, in the letter from CIC, it is stated very clearly that if I choose to discontinue with FSW, and to proceed with PNP, then I do not need to pay again. I was given the choice in the letter to keep both going and pay extra money for the PNP, but there is no point to do that.
this is very interesting.... my case is very similar to urs,,, but i havent yet recieved a letter from CIC ...
yday... i wrote an email to Buffalo explaining my situation with FSW and PNP asking them if I could
convert FSW to PNP and just send in new forms for PNP without the fees since my FSW fee has been
already encashed... they replied that i would have to withdraw FSW and submit seperate application for PNP
with new fees .... this is conflicting with the letter they sent to you.... i am wondering if I should till they send such a letter
to me too :)

Did any of the applicants recieve such a letter by any chance ?

btw did you file FSW thro immigration consultant ?

not sure if that matters.. in my case, i did go thro a consultant ... since consultant is out of town i am yet to find out if
they sent any letter to consultant

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
friends,

all of you who had received pre-assessment decision, would you describe (for the benefit of us still waiting) what the packet looks like, how big it is, etc....?

thanks

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
felix31 said:
friends,

all of you who had received pre-assessment decision, would you describe (for the benefit of us still waiting) what the packet looks like, how big it is, etc....?

thanks
Pardon me if i am not fully aware... but i understand Alberta has waived the preassessment step
and you can directly mail ur application to alberta.... somebody had posted a link in one of these
threads some time ago...

The packet is like A4 size brown envelop which contains form a letter and green adhesive that u need
to stick on the envelope when u mail the completed application back to alberta

hope it helps...

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
ainpdude said:
felix31 said:
friends,

thanks
Pardon me if i am not fully aware... but i understand Alberta has waived the preassessment step
and you can directly mail ur application to alberta.... somebody had posted a link in one of these
threads some time ago...

The packet is like A4 size brown envelop which contains form a letter and green adhesive that u need
to stick on the envelope when u mail the completed application back to alberta

hope it helps...
Thanks ainpdude,

Your info helps a lot. Per Alberta info-line reply, whoever got into the pre-assessment step in december 08 (including me) has to continue to wait for their decision and cannot jumpstart the process by sending a complete application packet, as it will create huge delays.

Only complete newbees can do that!

Hopefully we will join AINP queue sooner rather than later...

umaguy

Nov 9, 2008
Ainpdude,

Had I not received the CIC letter, I wouldn't know how to proceed. The letter you received from AINP sounds similar to the one I got. I saw in this forum, someone else was given the similar instruction form CIC. You may search for it.

I did all filings by myself. I have no idea like in your case, if your consultant would have any effect on the process. Good luck to you.

Tocanadanow

Jan 20, 2009
I have been actively reading these forums on Alberta but never posted, I applied for Pre-Assessment got the package File # XXXX-XX-27X. Today I have received a letter of Denial from Alberta under NOC 1111 I am an accountant, There is no Appeal Process and Decision is Final so I guess I move on. Thanks everyone for their help & inputs I guess so many people are applying they are beginning to deny some application. Good Luck everyone.
Seems Like 2171 are getting more pieces of the cake as Alberta wants to be the new IT Hub, But they don't realize many of us are just using Alberta as a back up rather than really moving there.

C

cchabert

Sorry to heard about that "Tocanadanow" can you share what was the reason they give you? and if they call your boss in the process?

Tocanadanow

Jan 20, 2009
I don't know if they contacted my boss, if they did I would not know as HR Dept is different and they wouldn't tell me it is a huge firm. Reason they stated my Job Responsibility do not match with NOC, what these people want and how they determine I do not know, I have a Bachelors degree in Accounting from Michigan State and been on H1B for 2 years now. They did not even call me for anything either.
I am guessing so many people are applying they are rushing through applications and either giving a yes or a Nay... I think they picked up speed recently and therefore we are seeing denials at this point or they have changed their focus to certain NOC's given the economic hard times and job losses.
Good Luck everyone, Hope this helps everyone

nizamii

Oct 14, 2008
my file numebr is -269 and it is rejected because of my mistake that i have put in the form my intention of living is Ontario instead of Alberta.But it was mistakenly written as my total intention was to live in ALBERTA.NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO to do.Can any one suggest that what i should have to do beacuse they told me that this was the resaon my application is being rejected .BUt they also gave me some numbers to contact them.It was really a bad TYPO mistake. Also they did not say any thing regarding "No APPEAL.ALSO MY NOC IS 2171 IT PROFESSIONAL

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
This sucks big time!
I thought they needed people, and attracting H1Bs is a way of bringing the few selected by the USA after a detailed processing. So this way they should be more confident about these applicants compare to USCIS was. But now they are bringing up small issues like these. I myself have worked on H1b for little over a year and fall under 2171 and waiting for my file number. But for me this is The Plan rather than a backup plan. I wonder if rejected here, would this have an effect in any way on the usual FSW application process...

Tocanadanow said:
I don't know if they contacted my boss, if they did I would not know as HR Dept is different and they wouldn't tell me it is a huge firm. Reason they stated my Job Responsibility do not match with NOC, what these people want and how they determine I do not know, I have a Bachelors degree in Accounting from Michigan State and been on H1B for 2 years now. They did not even call me for anything either.
I am guessing so many people are applying they are rushing through applications and either giving a yes or a Nay... I think they picked up speed recently and therefore we are seeing denials at this point or they have changed their focus to certain NOC's given the economic hard times and job losses.
Good Luck everyone, Hope this helps everyone

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
AINP SRS Applied after December 9th

Friends,
Is there anyone who applied under the new direct process (without the pre-assessment) and has received the file number?

Anyone who applied after December 9th please reply to this thread with your dates: date application sent; date received by AINP; date file number sent by AINP. I will summarize and start a spreadsheet to track the progress.

My info: Application sent Dec 28; Received by AINP Dec 30; File no. I am yet to receive

Thanks.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Hi All,

We applied under the new AINP scheme, without the pre-assesment. We sent it on Jan 15th. We have not yet received a mail saying that it has been received, tho my UPS shows that it was delivered on Jan 16th. We are still yet to receive a file number too. How long does it take to get an email from them to say that our application has been received?

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
Hi All,
My wife finally got her nomination letter yesterday in the mail.
Her file number is between 320 and 330. She applied under NOC 1111. Surprising she got the nomination, I believe it was God's Favor. She has been on H1b for just 1 year. Anyway, we are off to the next stage now. I wish everyone the best in this process

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jyde said:
Hi All,
My wife finally got her nomination letter yesterday in the mail.
Her file number is between 320 and 330. She applied under NOC 1111. Surprising she got the nomination, I believe it was God's Favor. She has been on H1b for just 1 year. Anyway, we are off to the next stage now. I wish everyone the best in this process
Congratulations to both of you. Other than 1 year on H1B, did she have more work experience as an accountant back home? If yes, how many years? Is she a CPA/CA? Where did she get her degree from? Does she have a master's degree in Accounting? Thanks.