+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

Rb_newsletter

Star Member
May 21, 2009
Probably AINP should change the timeline for H1B stream to infinity. That way they don't have to spend $$$ for sending emails and updating websites. And we don't have to spend time waiting for their action.

After seeing all the file number received message from fellow forum members, I was expecting file number and opened the email from AINP. In fact I didn't bother to read anything and straight away started scanning for file number in the text. When I couldn't find any text in file number format, I started reading the text....and boom. I was so optimistic till the minute before receiving that email.

I wonder how much more stupid a system could work. AINP/Alberta government should understand that we are capable individuals and NOT beggars. We wanted to come there to contribute to the land of Alberta. Definitely we will contribute more than what we would take.

Hey AINP, you are asking for job offer. This shows your decision was made bureaucratically. If you had discussed this with any CEO/HR of a business firm they would have told you that no one would want to hire a person without meeting face-to-face. Instead of simply asking for job offer, you please issue a temp visa for 3 months; then we can go and really search for a job. Or at least advice your business organization to respond for the resume submission and reply with proper reason for rejection. We will forward all the rejection emails to you for review.

Hey AINP, before sending another email or before changing your timeline, please publish the due diligence that was done by AINP before rolling out this H1B stream. What study you conducted about worker shortage in Alberta? What is availability/supply of H1B workers? What made you to consider H1B? Why not L1B or other visa categories?

This change in timeline seriously made me to doubt the Alberta government's projection of hundreds of thousands of worker shortage in next decade. If the studies are true, how Alberta is going to meet the labor needs in coming days without allowing immigrants?

Just ask us to pay a premium processing fee to expedite the application. We would gladly do that and you can hire more officers to process our application faster. This would add to Alberta's economy from today itself.

Rb_newsletter

Star Member
May 21, 2009
koolguyme said:
Can we all email the head of Alberta Immigration or why not email Jason Kenney, the immigration minister? What do you guys say?
Exactly I was thinking about similar action.

Is there a freedom of information act in Canada? can we invoke that and know exactly how many application were received and how long would it take to process an application?

We should contact Alberta governor too.

at-80

Star Member
May 24, 2009
On top of all this, we have to maintain our H1B status until we are nominated, which can be 12+ 4 months.

koolguyme

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Rb_newsletter said:
koolguyme said:
Can we all email the head of Alberta Immigration or why not email Jason Kenney, the immigration minister? What do you guys say?
Exactly I was thinking about similar action.

Is there a freedom of information act in Canada? can we invoke that and know exactly how many application were received and how long would it take to process an application?

We should contact Alberta governor too.
http://www.jasonkenney.ca/EN/contact_jason/

I think we should all let them hear our voices.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
I think they are waiting on obama to pass immigration reform bill & economy.Coz canada works parallel to US policies.Like what Nepal is to India.

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
there were many who were jumping on me when I posted this message 2 months ago...now they have learned the lesson..

ALL AINP PEOPLE. GET RID OF THIS WAITING FOR AINP File Numbers and nominations. White House has started discussions for CIR. This is the last chance for people like us who wish to continue living in US.

Write to White House at http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/. The more messages the White House get, more chances we have. I am just spreading the word and request you to spread this word to more and more of your friends/forums. Also, write to Harry reid, the democrat whip. He is the guy who will influence the text of bill.

Just copy paste the message below:-
Why are illegal aliens able to get Green Card by applying on their own while legal aliens have to depend upon their employer to apply for green card? Illegals who broke the law are getting better treatment than legal aliens who respected the law.

Also, why are you giving Green Card to illegals living in US for 5 years while excluding legals living in US for 5 years? You are punishing legal people for following the law of land. Legals living in US for 2 years should get green card before Illegals living in US for 5 years.

Don't be lazy, just copy paste. It is 1 minute thing. It may half your immigration troubles. Illegal aliens are shouting and they will be heard. If legals like us don't shout, Obama and congress don't give a damn to us.

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
GOOD POST MIKE...Thanks ..

I have done what u said...People who applied for pre-assesment in dec'08 are still waiting. AINP is hopeless. we should raise our voice in US only...

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE GOT YESTERDAY AFTER A QUERY REGARDING SUPPORTING DOCS.WITH THIS I HAVE ALMOST LOST COMPLETER HOPE IN THIS PROGRAM.

We have experienced a higher than expected volume of applications in the US Visa Holder Category. Because of this, priority will be given to applicants who have a valid job offer from an Alberta employer. All eligible applications will be processed, although processing times will vary significantly depending on the volume of applications received. In some cases, it may be at least 12 months before processing commences on an application.

Please do not contact the Immigrate to Alberta Information Service regarding your application status. This e-mail is confirmation that your application has been received and will be processed. You will be contacted if further information is required to complete the assessment and/or when a final decision has been made on your application.

firasj78

Star Member
Aug 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/10/2010
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
14/06/2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
to detroit 13/10/2011
Med's Request
28/03/2011
Med's Done....
14/05/2011
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2012
LANDED..........
18/02/2012
Hi everyone,
I am applying under NOC 1111 (accountant), Alberta immigration received my file on 07/14/09 and today i received this email:

We have experienced a higher than expected volume of applications in the US Visa Holder Category. Because of this, priority will be given to applicants who have a valid job offer from an Alberta employer. All eligible applications will be processed, although processing times will vary significantly depending on the volume of applications received. In some cases, it may be at least 12 months before processing commences on an application.

Please do not contact the Immigrate to Alberta Information Service regarding your application status. This e-mail is confirmation that your application has been received and will be processed. You will be contacted if further information is required to complete the assessment and/or when a final decision has been made on your application.

what does that mean? is that normal?
Since i did not see many people applied under NOC 1111, is it possible that they could process my application faster?

Please advise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck for every one....

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
yes this whole process is so messed up!!!!. they just keep changing the timeline regularly. I am not even sure if they are still serious about this program

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
indium-sulfide-2 said:
girls and guys.
Indeed, this program is dead.
The manager can not say this bluntly. Because from starting to ending, it is in less than a year. He would be caught responsility of carelessly designing an immigration program and ruining the credit of alberta government.
So the cure is to add a note that those with job offers were given priorities. That means if you do not have job offer letter, the processing time can be infinite( another word for impossibility or disqualification).
This program is dead!
That is it.
that's a good and realistic analysis...i agree completely... that's exactly what happened...there is no other reason why they are sitting on nomination of December/January guys on whose files they have already made decisions...they are just sitting on top of decisions and not sending them because they dont want to... this one is even more mis-managed than USCIS..

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Frankly, not worth the time on this any more....

koolguyme said:

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Yes I think it's better to start looking for other alternatives. My confidence in this program has faded!!!!! In the e-mail they say that processing of some applications might not start for 12 months!!!! it's really ridiculous