+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - AINP Nominee Approved - Permanent Residence App while COS H1B to F1

saahilsinhaa

Jun 17, 2010
Hi all,
I applied for immigration to Canada under the AINP US Visa Holder Category on H1B visa (Mechanical Engineer). The application was recieved on 08 August 2009. I recently got an approval as an Alberta Provinicial Nominee. Now I have to apply to the Consulate General of Canada for Permanenet Residency. However I have been accepted for higher studies for this fall, and have applied for a change of status to F1 student visa. My questions are as follows:

1. Will the COS from H1B to F1 effect my application for permanenet residency, even though AINP nominee application is approved?
2. Shall I or am I legally supposed to inform CIC also, or just to AINP.
3. There is a huge chance that I will not get my F1 approval till August, as I applied for it on 10 June. I am not sure how long would it take to geta permanent residency approved, but is there a chance that I will get my permanent residency approved in just 2 months (1 month to get my FBI background check and another to get residency approved).

I highly appreciate responses and experiences.

Regards,
SS.

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
Good Luck, go ahead and apply your CIC application. AINP has already issued you Nominee letter so what else
you are looking for. No need to tell or inform anything. Just apply as per there direction in the provided package.

Thanks,

A.G

saahilsinhaa

Jun 17, 2010
Thanks for your help AG. I, however, was wondering what if CIC knows about my change of status (I am sure they have all the information about our records) and takes it negative if I do not inform them on my own. Any sugggestions.
Much appreciate your help and answers.
SS.

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
Requirement for AINP to be on H1 B, was upto issuance of PN Certificate which you already got. If you go through AINP website precisely, You will realize that a candidate should be on H1B status untill the Certificate has been issued. so you have fulfilled the condition already.

Secondly once you are nominated, CIC buffalo office will not request your work related history and english language capacity as this part is done by the province.. This is clearly mention on the requested forms. Please spare some time and go through Buffalo office web page and application froms for provincial nominne.

Good Luck

saahilsinhaa said:
Thanks for your help AG. I, however, was wondering what if CIC knows about my change of status (I am sure they have all the information about our records) and takes it negative if I do not inform them on my own. Any sugggestions.
Much appreciate your help and answers.
SS.

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
u r US status is a requirement for AINP, CIC does not want to know abt it.

However when u get u r F1 transfer u need to inform AINP about the change

saahilsinhaa

Jun 17, 2010
Thank you guys. The reason I wanted to confirm is because when I called up AINP (without discussing my personal case) to get an idea about H1 to F1 effecting AINP nomination, the lady over the phone said it could very well effect the CIC application. However, I realized that she was probably not sure either, and hence after a few more questions, she said she didnt know that it would depend on CIC. So, I thought of confirming all that I had read on CIC's website.

Now I am sure of it as it has been confirmed by you guys also; just needed a second opinion I guess. Thanks again, I am applying for Police Clearance Certificate, and then to CIC application.

Regards,
SS.

brian401

Jun 26, 2010
Congrats!

i got a question. I tried to sponsor my nephew to Alberta. so it is AINP family stream. I am currently preparing the paper work.

My question is that when you filed the application to Alberta government, did you at the same time submit the federal forms to Visa office in your resident country?

I am kind of confuse. Thanks in advance.

saahilsinhaa

Jun 17, 2010
Brian,
I am sorry but I have no idea about the AINP family stream. Also, I just submitted an application to AINP without sending any documents to the visa office in my resident country. What documents are you talking about to be sent to visa office in one's resident country?
Thanks,
SS.