+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guidelines For New Applicants

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I have been going through the forums since I am an applicant myself. One thing I have noticed is that there is no general guideline discussed in these forums as to what documents to attach with your application in general. Most people are usually concerned about the timelines. A lot of people here get approval but they never share, or I haven't seen so far, as to what made their application successful. Most of the focus is on SOP, but I think that's just one of the many documents we submit. A few of the observations I have, going through documents is below and everyone is most welcome to express their opinions on them since I and everyone want to understand how the application can be made successful.

1. Some people add property documents, income tax returns, payslips. I feel this is excessive and shows desperation. Submit what is asked for, don't overdue.
2. Applying for SDS when there is plenty of time to apply under non-SDS, shows desperation again.
3. Language test results under non-SDS.
4. Not attaching police clearance certificate under non-SDS, while not being asked but it could help.

There could be more points but these are what I have in my mind at the moment. I would request experts, senior members to express their opinions and guide people. Especially successful candidates, please share what you think made your application a success.

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
1. It is not excessive neither does it show desperation. If you come from countries with high level of refusal it is actually needed cause showing things like property documents can serve as ties to home. Also you are able to convince the VO that you have enough funds to cover your stay during studies.

John601

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
1. It is not excessive neither does it show desperation. If you come from countries with high level of refusal it is actually needed cause showing things like property documents can serve as ties to home. Also you are able to convince the VO that you have enough funds to cover your stay during studies.
Exactly, a lot of people have shared similar experiences on this forum wherein they have been rejected despite submitting the documents asked for. Showing sufficient funds and home ties from supplementary docs does no harm.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I didn't say one doesn't need to show funds, but the property documents I am skeptical about. Not sure how people are able to attach so many documents with a size limit of 4 mb.

Neethueby

Aug 9, 2020
I have received offer letter for May 2021 batch, how long it will take to complete a Study Visa permit? The CIC website saying 32 weeks(8 months). Then how a May 2021 student can start classes? I applied through SDS category.

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
Well the most influencing factor is your nationality and country of residence. Plus we really don't know what VO look for really

Neethueby

Aug 9, 2020
I am from India. I just going through visa processing time thread.. its really worrying me. All Universities should speak to Canada government to find a solution for this.