+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guess this means AOR

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Hi Everyone..
Guess this is the AOR...DEAR XXXXX
immigration,refugees and citizenship Canada has received your application for proof of citizenship.the application and documents will be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is required.if you reside outside of Canada or the U.S you may be contacted by the Canadian embassy high comission or consulate nearest you.
If application is approved,a citizenship certificate will be sent to you.

The above mail came with UCI number and Application Number...So is this AOR or what??

Timeline
Documents sent to local embassy 18th April 2019.

Received the above mail 26th August 2019.

What next should be expected
The application is non routine and is straightforward.

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Yes Lagos Nigeria
Ok. I just saw your post on another thread. Receiving AOR means that your application is all complete and it is basically a waiting game now.

The next steps are to check if you have access to the ecas - case processing site.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

You can check your processing frequently here.

The next steps to the best of my knowledge are for you application to go into processing, for you to get invited for a text/interview if applicable, and then to take the oath of citizenship. I know this is how it works for adults in Canada, I am not sure how it works for kids outside Canada.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Ok. I just saw your post on another thread. Receiving AOR means that your application is all complete and it is basically a waiting game now.

The next steps are to check if you have access to the ecas - case processing site.

The next steps to the best of my knowledge are for you application to go into processing, for you to get invited for a text/interview if applicable, and then to take the oath of citizenship. I know this is how it works for adults in Canada, I am not sure how it works for kids outside Canada.
Kk thanks ..the application is for minors from 10yrs down wards..from what I have understand on this forum minors are not eligible for oath taking and interview....what do you think will be time frame of the waiting game..lol

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019

en

Home Menu Settings

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

On-Line Services
FAQ | Security

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Version 6.3.0_b3 Date: 2018-08-08 11:54
This is the information that I got when I used the application number that I received today...maybe IRCCis yet to upload the change in status.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Hi Guys

This is the timeline so far for my kids

Application sent to embassy 18th April 2019

Application received at Novia Scotia 20th June 2019.

AOR received 26th August 2019

Application in process 24th September 2019.

Fingers crossed hoping to receive certificate maybe next month...

Nrzf

Jun 21, 2019
Hi Guys

This is the timeline so far for my kids

Application sent to embassy 18th April 2019

Application received at Novia Scotia 20th June 2019.

AOR received 26th August 2019

Application in process 24th September 2019.

Fingers crossed hoping to receive certificate maybe next month...
Hi, is there any updates on your child's case yet? U stated above that your application is a non routine one...can you share why is it non routine?
I'm about to submit my kids proof of citizenship application too together with mine (name change so assuming its non routine too?). Sending it from abroad as well.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Hi, is there any updates on your child's case yet? U stated above that your application is a non routine one...can you share why is it non routine?
I'm about to submit my kids proof of citizenship application too together with mine (name change so assuming its non routine too?). Sending it from abroad as well.
What a coincidence...just checked my online status update and it shows DECISION made.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
What I meant by that is my kids application is straight forward.
My wife Is born in Canada by a Canadian mother and American Father.

Kids were born outside Canada
Fathers and mothers name is on their birth certificate.

Married certificate same name as it appeared on all submitted documents.

Wife's Canadian birth certificate.
Kiddies birthcertificate
Hospital documents
Immunization records for kids
Country passport for kids and father together with wife's Canadian passport and husband country passport.
Cover note given reasons why we have not applied since.

Kids are 10yrs 8yrs 6yrs 4yrs
Just got DECISION made status report today.
Hope this helps.

Nrzf

Jun 21, 2019
What I meant by that is my kids application is straight forward.
My wife Is born in Canada by a Canadian mother and American Father.

Kids were born outside Canada
Fathers and mothers name is on their birth certificate.

Married certificate same name as it appeared on all submitted documents.

Wife's Canadian birth certificate.
Kiddies birthcertificate
Hospital documents
Immunization records for kids
Country passport for kids and father together with wife's Canadian passport and husband country passport.
Cover note given reasons why we have not applied since.

Kids are 10yrs 8yrs 6yrs 4yrs
Just got DECISION made status report today.
Hope this helps.

Thanks very much! Thats a big help, very much appreciated! Never crossed my mind on the cover note! Congratulations on the update too.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Your welcome
Thanks very much! Thats a big help, very much appreciated! Never crossed my mind on the cover note! Congratulations on the update too.
Your welcome
The cover note helped though the embassy suggested it since my wife left Canada when she was 8yrs old.