21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Immed said:
Exactly, if the CIC see that there are people with 700 points, they will know there is a problem with the system in which case they will make changes to EE.
I don't think it's that likely for anybody to be in the 700s if they qualify under either CEC or FSWP. The only way would be FSTP (as they may only have maybe CLB level 5 to qualify, which would give you very few points under CRS), but then again, these workers are among the highly sought in Canada so they are indeed among the most desirable types of immigrants.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know, seems crazy that people with 600-800 points could get an ITA, that means their scores without the LMIA or PNP are awful. Sure they have work skills that are currently in demand but if their work experience, age and language skills aren't good how are they going to be the best people to integrate into Canada?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Agreed purplesnow. Having a job offer and an LMIA doesn't mean you're going to integrate fantastically well in Canada, you might get fired after a week for being useless. You would think a year or more of proven work experience with a Canadian employer would be afforded more recognition but apparently logic doesn't come in to it

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Conor9900 said:
Agreed purplesnow. Having a job offer and an LMIA doesn't mean you're going to integrate fantastically well in Canada, you might get fired after a week for being useless. You would think a year or more of proven work experience with a Canadian employer would be afforded more recognition but apparently logic doesn't come in to it
very well said . system needs a change
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Conor9900 said:
conor9900 i am using ur quote in the petition if thats ok with u its a very good point

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Purplesnow : people having points between 600-750 approx. is practically impossible.
Something as simple as age, 1 year exp , high school education and the lowest language points ( min entry criteria) is enough to give you atleast 150 - 200 points.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's the point. I'm hearing of people with 734 points, 760 points, etc etc entering the pool. Because they have an LMIA they'll more than likely get an invite but that obviously means their age is against them, English language skills are low, not much work experience etc etc. So them being the best people to immigrate obviously isn't true.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Conor9900 said:
The fact that people get an LMIA approved job means that they are seen as above average guys. What employer is willing to spend $1000-$2000 to apply for 1-2 LMIA's and wait 6 months to keep a valued employee unless he/she wasnt important to them.

I have worked in a company that hired guys who had degree's and were utterly useless at the job and were always looking for the next job.

Having an education is only part of the pie here guys, getting a job and working hard at it gives you an LMIA which is half the pie....

The way i see it, if an employee can convince the company to go to the trouble of getting an LMIA then that is what CIC wants...

They are coming down hard on immigration and work permits and study permits...

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMIA/PNP or not, every candidate has to be eligible to apply under atleast 1 of the immigration programs to qualify in the pool.
basic CEC requirements or 67 points in FSWP should be around 100-150 points in CRS.
either there guys aint entering their stuff correctly in the EE or their profiles aint complete or whatever!

the first human intervention in the EE system is after you've submitted your application after receiving an ITA and a minister looks for the completeness of it!

So, dont worry! theey'll be wiped off very soon! it's just a matter of time

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Immed said:
Actually, once they exhaust the PNP and LMIA group, the cutoff will fall below 600 and it's not that farfetched to see applicants getting through in the 400s.

For example, if you have 900 points, 600 came from the LMIA which leaves 300 for other attributes which is fairly low. I think it would be pretty suspicious that companies would want to hire employees with such low scores in other attributes anyways and it would defeat the purpose of attracting high quality immigrants.
LMIA is the currency here dude. How can you say the score is low? If 19 guys have a degree in rocket science and 1 basic education guy can do the job better then he gets the LMIA and he has higher points. The problem in Canada right now is that everybody has degrees so they need something else to put them apart..

Unfortunately an education isnt an entitlement for a job and a job is what drives this PR process right now.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for non-CEC candidates, is it just LMIA or proof of funds or something else also which can bring one into Canada, so one can work.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
the_lion said:
LMIA/PNP or not, every candidate has to be eligible to apply under atleast 1 of the immigration programs to qualify in the pool.
basic CEC requirements or 67 points in FSWP should be around 100-150 points in CRS.
either there guys aint entering their stuff correctly in the EE or their profiles aint complete or whatever!

the first human intervention in the EE system is after you've submitted your application after receiving an ITA and a minister looks for the completeness of it!

So, dont worry! theey'll be wiped off very soon! it's just a matter of time
I think if one qualifies under FSTP without any Canadian experience, their score can potentially be lower than if you qualify under CEC or FSWP. The minimum required CLB would be level 5 , which would only net you 24 out of the possible 136 points.

2 - 3 years of foreign experience (the minimum for FSTP) will give 25 points.

There is no minimum education requirement for FSTP, so one can technically get as low as 0 point for education.

Finally, one would have to be either certified, which will give an extra 50 points, or having an LMIA job offer (an extra 600 points under CRS) to qualify under FSTP.

In total, at the minimum, someone can either 99 points without LMIA, or 649 points with LMIA job offer under FSTP, so yeah, it's possible to have score in the range of 600s if you qualify under FSTP (let's say, if you are older than 45).

But then again, these people are the types of people that Canada is currently looking for. Their skills must have been transferable, else they would not be able to qualify under FSTP to begin with, and since most likely, only those with LMIA will get invited, they will get to contribute to the economy from day one, whereas those coming from overseas with scores in the range of 400s would still have to first find employment once here.

I am a PR, and it took me a while to find employment in software engineering, and that was after obtaining a Canadian credential. I share people's frustration here, but there is really no point in thinking that, i.e, someone in trades would be less of a contributing immigrant than white-collar workers.

mariaboss

Jan 4, 2015
Hi,can anyone help me? So I'm in semi skillesd NOC C group for PNP.After I get nomination,can I apply for PR I under express entry so it would be faster(6 months) then regular application for PR? THANK YOU

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
meyakanor said:
I think if one qualifies under FSTP without any Canadian experience, their score can potentially be lower than if you qualify under CEC or FSWP. The minimum required CLB would be level 5 , which would only net you 24 out of the possible 136 points.

2 - 3 years of foreign experience (the minimum for FSTP) will give 25 points.

There is no minimum education requirement for FSTP, so one can technically get as low as 0 point for education.

Finally, one would have to be either certified, which will give an extra 50 points, or having an LMIA job offer (an extra 600 points under CRS) to qualify under FSTP.

In total, at the minimum, someone can either 99 points without LMIA, or 649 points with LMIA job offer under FSTP, so yeah, it's possible to have score in the range of 600s if you qualify under FSTP (let's say, if you are older than 45).

But then again, these people are the types of people that Canada is currently looking for. Their skills must have been transferable, else they would not be able to qualify under FSTP to begin with, and since most likely, only those with LMIA will get invited, they will get to contribute to the economy from day one, whereas those coming from overseas with scores in the range of 400s would still have to first find employment once here.

I am a PR, and it took me a while to find employment in software engineering, and that was after obtaining a Canadian credential. I share people's frustration here, but there is really no point in thinking that, i.e, someone in trades would be less of a contributing immigrant than white-collar workers.
Few of the pgwp guys are already working