+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Great confusion regarding Police verification. PLease help!!

snehalshah

Jan 5, 2016
Hi guys i received nomination from oinp and now i have to get my pcc done in India which is causing a lot of heart burn. The problem is that on my passport permanent address is of Pune which was before marriage. After marriage i did not update the address in my passport. Now i currently reside in Thane with my husband. To get pcc done through Thane PSK I'll be needing proof of local current address which i do not have on any documents. So here is the dilemma :

Should i get pcc done from Pune PSK as i have address proof of Pune on my passport, bank account, and i have a BSNL landline on my name. If yes will CIC cause any problem that i got my pcc done through Pune Psk while in ee profile the address where i stay is mentioned of Thane ? For police clearance do police still do physical verification where they visit your place to verify because i am doing job in Thane and it wont be possible for me to stay in Pune for extended period of time.

Or should i open a bank account in my name with current local address of Thane and apply for pcc through Thane Psk ? If i do go through Thane Psk it will take a month for my pcc to arrive that is what the Psk guys told me.

Experts please suggest what is the best option to get this done.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
snehalshah said:
Hi guys i received nomination from oinp and now i have to get my pcc done in India which is causing a lot of heart burn. The problem is that on my passport permanent address is of Pune which was before marriage. After marriage i did not update the address in my passport. Now i currently reside in Thane with my husband. To get pcc done through Thane PSK I'll be needing proof of local current address which i do not have on any documents. So here is the dilemma :

Should i get pcc done from Pune PSK as i have address proof of Pune on my passport, bank account, and i have a BSNL landline on my name. If yes will CIC cause any problem that i got my pcc done through Pune Psk while in ee profile the address where i stay is mentioned of Thane ? For police clearance do police still do physical verification where they visit your place to verify because i am doing job in Thane and it wont be possible for me to stay in Pune for extended period of time.

Or should i open a bank account in my name with current local address of Thane and apply for pcc through Thane Psk ? If i do go through Thane Psk it will take a month for my pcc to arrive that is what the Psk guys told me.

PSK PCC do not write address or mention any place or location. So it is absolutely safe and fine to get one from pune PSK.

snehalshah

Jan 5, 2016
bestofluck said:
PSK PCC do not write address or mention any place or location. So it is absolutely safe and fine to get one from pune PSK.
I saw google images for pcc format and it shows which PSK issued the PCC.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
snehalshah said:
I saw google images for pcc format and it shows which PSK issued the PCC.
it does not matter which psk isdue it, it is valid for whole India

snehalshah

Jan 5, 2016
Ohhk so it wont be a problem for CIC that i am currently residing in Thane and have mentioned the Thane address in ee profile and got my pcc done from Pune?

A_23aug

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-2016
Doc's Request.
23-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
07-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
05-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
snehalshah said:
Ohhk so it wont be a problem for CIC that i am currently residing in Thane and have mentioned the Thane address in ee profile and got my pcc done from Pune?
Hey I am also facing same problem.....
Even I have got same issue.....my address mentioned on passport is of my native (Jharkhand), but currently i stay in Navi Mumbai.....I have booked my appointment and now extended the same.....

I do not have present address proof in correct for i.e. I stay on rent and my rent agreement is not registered. I am planning to add my name in my Husband account so that i can have current address proof with a legal document as required by PSK....

But is it so that it will take one month for Thane PSK to give PCC....I also have selected same PSK office....

Please inform....

snehalshah

Jan 5, 2016
snehalshah said:

Some agent told me that it'll take a month for my pcc since the address mentioned on my passport is of pune. Btw after you registered for pcc through psk what documents are you required to carry with your self for verification at psk ?

A_23aug

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-2016
Doc's Request.
23-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
07-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
05-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
snehalshah said:
Some agent told me that it'll take a month for my pcc since the address mentioned on my passport is of pune. Btw after you registered for pcc through psk what documents are you required to carry with your self for verification at psk ?
I inquired from helpline number of PSK they said, does your current passport have anything like any issue with police charges, I mean during preparation of passport if we have any issue while police verification they mentioned there in the passport . But i searched such column in passport and could only find that, in the last page there is one column named as Miscellaneous service so i expect if something is there they would have mentioned in it. And also helpline number people asked when was your passport prepared, since my was prepared about an year ago, so they said if you do not have any issue on your current passport. PCC would hardly take time it will be issued either same day or in a week the most.

To carry document there is a list which says you can carry any of these from the list of 12 mentioned. Mainly current address proof with current passport fist and last page xerox.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
A_23aug said:
Hey I am also facing same problem.....
Even I have got same issue.....my address mentioned on passport is of my native (Jharkhand), but currently i stay in Navi Mumbai.....I have booked my appointment and now extended the same.....

I do not have present address proof in correct for i.e. I stay on rent and my rent agreement is not registered. I am planning to add my name in my Husband account so that i can have current address proof with a legal document as required by PSK....

But is it so that it will take one month for Thane PSK to give PCC....I also have selected same PSK office....

Please inform....
You need an address proof for your current address. Aadhar would work. Ration cards are not acceptable though. If the official at the PSK decides that they have to do a police verification at your previous address too, then it might delay things. Otherwise, you get it a couple of weeks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
snehalshah said:
You would have to carry your original Passport, copy of the bio pages of PP, original address proof, copies of address proof and the printed appointment form.

A_23aug

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-2016
Doc's Request.
23-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
07-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
05-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
You would have to carry your original Passport, copy of the bio pages of PP, original address proof, copies of address proof and the printed appointment form.
Any guess in how many days PCC can be received after proper submission of documents. I am about to go and my passport is prepared on 28 Dec 2015.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
A_23aug said:
Any guess in how many days PCC can be received after proper submission of documents. I am about to go and my passport is prepared on 28 Dec 2015.
Depends on your case. If your current residential address is the same as the address on your passport, you generally get it on the same day (within 2 hours). Otherwise, might take from a week to a month to get (depending on the police verification).

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Correct - in my case, I work in Mumbai but my permanent address is listed in Bangalore. I did consider getting it done in Mumbai itself, but realized that the extra hassle wasn't worth the time off and potential future complications and I wanted to go see my parents, so I just decided to fly down to Bangalore and get it done over the weekend after working out the timing.

I just booked an appointment and the plane tickets on Thursday, flew down to Bangalore on Friday night, went to the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) on Saturday morning at 9:00 AM had the formalities done by 12:00 PM on and flew back on Sunday evening with no problems whatsoever. Definitely one of my better experiences with Indian government and bureaucracy, partly due to the fact that the PSK isn't entirely run by government babu's, but by TCS employees.

Just make sure you have a covering letter explaining why you want the PCC and you should be good - the TCS folks at the Lalbagh PSK were actively hunting for some reason to give me the runaround but thanks in part to the information in the forum and the fact that I am naturally borderline OCD about documentation, I had that too on hand to provide them.

A_23aug

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-2016
Doc's Request.
23-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
07-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
05-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
Thanks for your reply ......I have already booked my appointment...which i am postponing due to current address proof .....I have planned to get current address proof on passbook with joint account of my husband......which will take one week....and then will again book for fresh appointment at Mumbai Thane....although I have address of Jharkhand on my current passport.....Let me check with PSK people if they deny saying it will take long time I will have to rethink there.... :eek:.....

Neelammandaar

Jul 19, 2017
Correct - in my case, I work in Mumbai but my permanent address is listed in Bangalore. I did consider getting it done in Mumbai itself, but realized that the extra hassle wasn't worth the time off and potential future complications and I wanted to go see my parents, so I just decided to fly down to Bangalore and get it done over the weekend after working out the timing.

I just booked an appointment and the plane tickets on Thursday, flew down to Bangalore on Friday night, went to the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) on Saturday morning at 9:00 AM had the formalities done by 12:00 PM on and flew back on Sunday evening with no problems whatsoever. Definitely one of my better experiences with Indian government and bureaucracy, partly due to the fact that the PSK isn't entirely run by government babu's, but by TCS employees.

Just make sure you have a covering letter explaining why you want the PCC and you should be good - the TCS folks at the Lalbagh PSK were actively hunting for some reason to give me the runaround but thanks in part to the information in the forum and the fact that I am naturally borderline OCD about documentation, I had that too on hand to provide them.