+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Graduate PNP Nominee wants to extend spouses' open work permit

ahaide08

Aug 12, 2023
Hi, I am eligible for a post-graduate BC PNP nomination, which means I can apply for PR even if I don't have a job because of the masters I did.
My spouse's work permit expires on April 2024 as per my study permit. But I already completed my studies and will be applying for PGWP and then for BC nomination.
My question is can I extend my wife's open work permit with my BC nomination letter if I don't have a job?

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hi, I am eligible for a post-graduate BC PNP nomination, which means I can apply for PR even if I don't have a job because of the masters I did.
My spouse's work permit expires on April 2024 as per my study permit. But I already completed my studies and will be applying for PGWP and then for BC nomination.
My question is can I extend my wife's open work permit with my BC nomination letter if I don't have a job?
No you can't because open work permits are not extendable. She will have to ask her employer to give her a closed work permit or you will be able to extend it after getting AOR from federal process portion.

ahaide08

Aug 12, 2023
What does it mean AOR from federal process portion?
AOR for PR or BC PNP ?
You mean after i get pnp and apply for PR ,me being primary applicant And wife as dependant?
If i get acknowlegement that we both have applied for PR..then she can extend her work permit ?