+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Graduate certificate program reliable enough for job?

Sunny9840

Jun 16, 2018
Hi all
I m from india, i am btech(ece).

Recently i recieved LOA from fanshawe college for graduate certificate program in electronics and embedded systems.

My worries are,
Is graduate certificate program of one year good enough for job and post study work permit of one year
Means are there job in this field with only graduate certificate.

Then How are prospect for PR afterwards.

What else i can do to improvize my course.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all

Recently i recieved LOA from fanshawe college for graduate certificate program in electronics and embedded systems.

My worries are,
Is graduate certificate program of one year good enough for job and post study work permit of one year

The prospects for PR are very poor with just a 1 year program and a 1 year PGWP. You should complete a 2 year program so that you can qualify for a 3 year PGWP. This will significantly increase your chances of getting PR.

Reactions: Sunny9840

Sunny9840

Jun 16, 2018
The prospects for PR are very poor with just a 1 year program and a 1 year PGWP. You should complete a 2 year program so that you can qualify for a 3 year PGWP. This will significantly increase your chances of getting PR.
What i am being suggested is that i should do two different courses of 1year each to get 2-3year pgwp.
Please let me know, does this thing works in job market, bcoz purpose is mot to get just pgwp but a job exp in the related field also. Otherwise the course would become fruitless in other place also

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
What i am being suggested is that i should do two different courses of 1year each to get 2-3year pgwp.
Please let me know, does this thing works in job market, bcoz purpose is mot to get just pgwp but a job exp in the related field also. Otherwise the course would become fruitless in other place also
Nobody really can advise here about you job prospects however the point being made here is that with just getting a 1 year PGWP it is unlikely that you will finish your 1 year course and walk straight into a job. It can happen of course but unlikely which is why most go for a 2 year course to get a 3 year PGWP which increases their chances of getting at least 1 year of Canadian work experience to use in applying for PR. Immigration for everyone is a leap into the unknown where you simply have to take the risk and work at it accepting that it is a plan that could take a few years and expense to get to PR

Shiva99

Jun 30, 2018
Hi all

My worries are,

Hi Sunny, I am planning to apply Fanshawe for Jan on my own. Could you tell me how to apply for that college ?
I can't find much on their website.