+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got scholarship and need some advise from seniors?

vikey

Jul 23, 2011
Hi guys
I really need some advise from senior members or someone who is already attending university in Canada.
Well thing is, I actually applied in two universities. University of Saskatchewan which offered me admission in Jan 2012 and University of Guelph which offered me admission in September 2012 along with scholarship.

I do not have enough funds to finance my studies, so I was planning to do part time jobs in Canada from the beginning, and this scholarship is a blessing for me but on the other hand I am also shot on funds.

So I was planning to join University of Saskatchewan in Jan 2012 drop the course and do small time jobs to raise the funds and then join University of Guelph in September.

So I need some advise from senior member on this, Is it the right move to take, I mean will it create problems for me in future.

Pls advise...................................

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
As far as i know, when you drop your course at Saskatchewan, your study permit will be no longer valid and you will have to return to your home country immediately.

vikey

Jul 23, 2011
how can that be I mean my course duration is 1 Yr, so technically I should be getting visa for 1 Yr at least, If I wanna switch to another university whats the problem in it.

Especially since I got the valid reason that because I got the scholarship I am switching my course, my only problem is I'd have to wait 9 months for my course and so in that time I am planning to do jobs to raise funds.

Will it be a problem....................

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vikey said:
how can that be I mean my course duration is 1 Yr, so technically I should be getting visa for 1 Yr at least, If I wanna switch to another university whats the problem in it.

Especially since I got the valid reason that because I got the scholarship I am switching my course, my only problem is I'd have to wait 9 months for my course and so in that time I am planning to do jobs to raise funds.

Will it be a problem....................
Yes, since you can't work off campus until you have completed 6 months satisfactorily. If you get caught working "under the table" home you go. Anyway if don't have sufficient funds, i.e. cost of first year tuition and $10K for living expenses + transportation, you aren't going to get a study permit.

vikey

Jul 23, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

Yes, since you can't work off campus until you have completed 6 months satisfactorily. If you get caught working "under the table" home you go. Anyway if don't have sufficient funds, i.e. cost of first year tuition and $10K for living expenses + transportation, you aren't going to get a study permit.
Yea well about that I already knew the formula, cost of first year tuition and $10K for living expenses + transportation, and some of my relatives are willing to help me for 6 months statement, but still since I don't have enough funds I am planning to work for it.

So my friends any advise I just wants to know about your opinions regarding my plan...........I knew that even with the scholarship I might face problems in living cost, so I suppose this is the only option I got... I just hope I am doing the right thing, I don't wanna mess up my case, but on the other hand I don't have a choice either I just hope things might work that way.

Paul-in-Canada

Mar 10, 2011
FYI: If a student remain absent for an extended period of time or drop out before completion of studies, almost all Colleges/Universities report your case to Canada Immigration authorities.

You can imagine the consequences in such a scenario.

kirsh

Jul 18, 2011
IMO,..its a very bad idea,..!!

i personally would advice u too take some bank loan with the help of ur relatives, finish ur education with the scholarship u have ,get good grades ,.. go and find a job after u finish ,..to repay those loan u take ,.. even if it has high interest,.!!

for changing the university you would need to show a very valid reason why u wanna leave ur current university ,.. if chc is not convinced you would be deported.. :eek: