+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got reply from ciu. they received application on 24 dec 2008

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
finally i got my letter to go ahead from ciu. my application was received on 24 dec. they issued letter on 26 jan . posted on 9 feb and i received on 18 feb. i have 120 days from 26 jan to submit the papers ( 25 may deadline)

znaty

Feb 15, 2009
Canada
congratulations dear

plz can you tell us when your money incached?
in my case my file received 28 dec and my money incached 19 jan and still waiting any response

znaty

Feb 15, 2009
Canada
something wrong in the bank data ofcourse

the receipt date must be after money incached

anyway congratulation and dont waste your given time and be well prepared to send all documents including ielts before the dead time

thanks for reply

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
chefumang said:
finally i got my letter to go ahead from ciu. my application was received on 24 dec. they issued letter on 26 jan . posted on 9 feb and i received on 18 feb. i have 120 days from 26 jan to submit the papers ( 25 may deadline)

Congrats and goodluck.

baltimore

Feb 11, 2009
I send my medical Aug 2008 to buffalo, still after 6 mounth no news ,I send them an email for update on my case this is the answer,
Background checks or further investigation are necessary in relation with the processing of your and / or your spouse's application. Therefore, the time needed for the processing of this application has fallen outside the timeframe set out.

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Is any body has the same situation?
If they contact me how much time they will give me to land?
what if my medical get expierde?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
my understanding is that if your medical hasn't expired then they will give you only time up to medical expiration date to land. If medical expires before approval, then they would ask you do it again. Thats my understanding, i could be wrong.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
rupesh,

i have aproblem . i am currently working in same job for last 5 years. but i cant get the detailed letter from my previous employer. i only have the experience letter from them what do u suggest i should do. can i write a self explanatory note stating my duties and responsbilities.please suggest

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I presume what you mean is that they will write a letter to say how long you worked there and thats about it.

Yes, you should write a letter to say what you did and describe your job function as much as you can. You should see if someone else of authority in your company can sign such a letter. If not, you could get a job description for a job with the same title from a job ad that your company might have placed. I have no experience in this, i am suggesting stuff that might show your duties. Whether it will work or not is another question. Lets wait for someone else to reply. Perhaps theres someone out there who has been through a similar thing or knows what to do in such a situation.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
Thanks rupesh,

thing is i get the experience letter with all details from current job with no problem. i am working in this job for last 5 years. but problem is with the job i had before this one and i am getting problem in getting the duties and resposnbilities and various functions of that job.

rupeshhari said:
I presume what you mean is that they will write a letter to say how long you worked there and thats about it.

Yes, you should write a letter to say what you did and describe your job function as much as you can. You should see if someone else of authority in your company can sign such a letter. If not, you could get a job description for a job with the same title from a job ad that your company might have placed. I have no experience in this, i am suggesting stuff that might show your duties. Whether it will work or not is another question. Lets wait for someone else to reply. Perhaps theres someone out there who has been through a similar thing or knows what to do in such a situation.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
do you need that job for your ministerial list or for points. if not, then don't worry about that work. For example, i worked for 9 months in a company but I didn't claim that work because I didn't need it. That work is mentioned in the question where I had to say what I had been doing since the age of 18, but it is not mentioned in the points claim because I didn't need it. Because I am not claiming points, i didn't get letters for it.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
its one of the job on the list and its same number as one i am claiming points for. but i am showing recent 5 years experience in same.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So let me say it back to you and let me know if we are saying the same thing.

Your code for the job experience 5 years ago and beyond is the same as the NOC code for the last 5 years. If that is the case, then don't even claim for it. Thats my opinion anyway. What do others think?