+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Rejection for Visa with the reason stating below.

jasanmeet

Mar 26, 2013
Hi All,

I applied for the Visa to canada under Student visa for my MSc(Computers) with support from the Prof. in Manitoba university and the visa officer has refused the letter with the reason stating that " Proposed program not reasonable in light with the past studies"

I am working in a top MNC in india for past 3 years.

The for above seems to be due to the fact that I am already Masters (MCA) so the the embassy might have rejected the Visa.

Also I haven’t paid any FEE to the university as I have got a mail from the university stating that I will not be able to pay the FEE until they are not able to register me. This might be the reason for the refual.

After the refusal, i have asked the prof. and he have issued me a letter below.

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

THE UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE Winnipeg, Manitoba
--------------------------- Associate Professor Canada R3T 2N2
e-mail: ---------------------- Phone: (204) 474-6538

High Commissioner Mar.15, 2013
Canadian High Commission, India
Dear Visa Officer,
Subject: Mr. ----------------------- - an applicant for Canadian Student visa
Mr. -------------- has been admitted to do research towards Master of Science degree in
Computer Science at the University of Manitoba by the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies upon
recommendation from the Head of Department of Computer Science, University of Manitoba.
The Graduate Studies Committee (GSC) in the Department of Computer Science, University of Manitoba
consisting of several faculty members and chaired by the Associate Head of the Department responsible for
graduate studies (the Head is a non-voting member of this committee) goes through all the applications for
1. scope of the applicants’ background preparation
2. their previous undergraduate program of study in computer science, relevance to the requirement of
our MSc program. Since -------------- has a Master of Computer Application (MCA), which is not a
research program unlike our MSc, which is a research based graduate program, he has been admitted
to our MSc program rather than into our PhD program.
3. their grades in the undergraduate program ( a minimum of 3.5 out of 4 is required to be considered
for admission into our MSc program)
4. currency of their undergraduate courses in the fast changing field of computer science.
5. their potential to do research in an state-of-the-art area of computer science
6. standing of the University that granted their degree/diploma among the world universities
7. support from a faculty member from within the Department of Computer Science who would be
willing to supervise the new student’s research work towards MSc/PhD.
Only upon satisfying these regulations, an applicant for our graduate program (MSc or PhD) would be
recommended by the Graduate Studies Committee to the Head, who would in turn recommend the applicant
for admission to the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS). At FGS further checks such as English
requirement, the University the student coming from etc. are done before an official admission offer is sent
to the applicant.
I am pleased to inform you that Mr. -------------- application went through all these checks by
the GSC and FGS before he was admitted to our MSc program at the University of Manitoba.
If you need any further information please feel free to contact me.
Yours Sincerely

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

Now can anybody please review the letter and let me know if this will help and also moreover, I am planning to write a SOP with clearly stating the reason why I chose BCA+MCA instead of BTECH as I was not able to secure the seat in the preferred (prestigious) state university and then got through the enterance for securing seat in MCA and then took a 3 years experience before I apply for my masters.

But I have one doubt, Prof is willing to support me for PHD as well and he has mentioned in mail but university has selected me to MSc (But can highlight that in my SOP that I might plan to go for or convert this to PHD if department accepts.)

A Quick response will be much appreciated.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
Can you share your profile?

Does your bachelor degree match up with your proposed Masters course?

I don't think fees are the reason otherwise they would have mentioned something along the lines of finances.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
Hmm I think the reason is, in fact, that you already have 1 masters.

After rejection, what's your next move?

jasanmeet

Mar 26, 2013
Planning to apply after writing a SOP and also attaching the letter issued from the Prof. and university stating that the course is upgradation of work experience.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
Good luck and all the best.

nvidia14

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Already done !!
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
Rab dey barohsey
LANDED..........
jub wo chaheyga
I think Brav if you can sell the Idea of PHD and your roots to your Country by property papers ........it might click !!!!!!! i have the same problem I have an MBA and wanna do MA so i am going through the same mind boggling situation..........!!!!!!!! best of luck Brav

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)