+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got refused of study permit due to not having personel asset ties home

MODESTE

Aug 15, 2016
i was refused a study permit on the 1 of august 2016, for reasons as follows;

I do not satisfy the visa officer that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay,
and in reaching this decision he considered the following the following factors

Personal assets and Financial status.

Am given the possibility to apply again, please friends advice me on thed

procedures and what to add as to convince the visa officer?
Regards,
Modeste

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
nobody can really advise unless you share more information about the profile you submitted that was rejected.

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Bs65 said:
nobody can really advise unless you share more information about the profile you submitted that was rejected.
As BS65 just said, please share more information on your visa rejection and your profile. Also, usually it is not just this reason, there should be another reason listed under "other reasons" Please share those too.

Please include, your academic background
The course you were applying to.
The amount of fees that you were supposed to pay and the finances that you showed.

What documents (financial/property) you showed, and who was your sponsor.

Thanks

MODESTE

Aug 15, 2016
i studied ACCA (association of chartered certified accountant) British accounting.i worked in duabai with a good salary andi have been coming home to my home country every year for vacation and i applied while in my home country-cameroon.My financial status is as follows,

me; bank statement of about cads$66000
sponsor-my dad had about cad$750000
to study business administration-accounting
My IELTS was great all above 6.5
my dad had land and building properties and include as an affidavit of sponsorship

I had only one point mark on the letter and it says;
i am not convince that you will leave Canada after the end of your stay and in reaching this decision i considered several factors including:

personal asset and financial status,

that all that was marked as reason for my refusal
hope is enough to get assistance from guys, as i will likely be reapplying next week
regards,
modeste

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
MODESTE said:
i studied ACCA (association of chartered certified accountant) British accounting.i worked in duabai with a good salary andi have been coming home to my home country every year for vacation and i applied while in my home country-cameroon.My financial status is as follows,

me; bank statement of about cads$66000
sponsor-my dad had about cad$750000
to study business administration-accounting
My IELTS was great all above 6.5
my dad had land and building properties and include as an affidavit of sponsorship

I had only one point mark on the letter and it says;
i am not convince that you will leave Canada after the end of your stay and in reaching this decision i considered several factors including:

personal asset and financial status,

that all that was marked as reason for my refusal
hope is enough to get assistance from guys, as i will likely be reapplying next week
regards,
modeste
Dear Modeste,

I am also an ACCA, and I had applied for an MBA (Finance) in Canada. I got my Visa approval on the 19th Of August. Few things that I can understand from your application, is that your choice of subject is ok. Otherwise, the letter would also state :-

Other Reasons - Your proposed studies is not relevant with your background, past studies ..... (summarised)

If you have applied for a masters course, that's good. However, it seems that your SOP (statement of Purpose) is lacking a bit. Also the fact that you are working in a different country than your country of citizenship is a factor in reaching that conclusion.

If you would like to re-apply, consider the following points please:-
1. Can you provide a letter from your employer saying that they are willing to give you a raise or some sort of promotion after your degree?
2. Can you point out the fact that your salary is quite high in Dubai, and that amount is much more competitive than what you expect to receive when you go to Canada? Before you do that, let me point out that, your salary should be at least CAD $1500 (recommended CAD $3500-5000) for this point to be valid.
3. Can you achieve a leave from your employer in Dubai, which explicitly states that you can come back to work with them once you finish your degree?
4. Do you have any travel history in any other country, (i presume you have been to the UK like me) which shows that you have left the country within the time period of your visa validity. And point this out in the SOP?
5. Do you own a car? or some sort of asset such as a provident fund with the employer, if possible, can you point this out in the SOP?

Also can you please mention clearly the course title and University name for me in this thread?

I understand the frustration you are going through. Believe me, I have gone through this too. The CIC has broken and washed away all my arrogance of being able to get into an MBA and having an ACCA!

Please don't hesitate to reply back in this thread with more queries. Don't lose hope, you WILL succeed this time. Best of Luck!

Hope this helps!

Prati

Jul 21, 2016
Hello, sad to hear about ur rejection. I am ACCA affiliate too and trying to apply for canada student visa to study MBA as well for this october. My visa in Uk is expiring within 2 months. I am thinking to apply visa from UK and I know I have tight deadline. After reading ur post I am much more scared to apply as it is very hard to prove home tie :(
All the best

MODESTE

Aug 15, 2016
enywmara said:
Dear Modeste,

I am also an ACCA, and I had applied for an MBA (Finance) in Canada. I got my Visa approval on the 19th Of August. Few things that I can understand from your application, is that your choice of subject is ok. Otherwise, the letter would also state :-

Other Reasons - Your proposed studies is not relevant with your background, past studies ..... (summarised)

If you have applied for a masters course, that's good. However, it seems that your SOP (statement of Purpose) is lacking a bit. Also the fact that you are working in a different country than your country of citizenship is a factor in reaching that conclusion.

1. Can you provide a letter from your employer saying that they are willing to give you a raise or some sort of promotion after your degree?
2. Can you point out the fact that your salary is quite high in Dubai, and that amount is much more competitive than what you expect to receive when you go to Canada? Before you do that, let me point out that, your salary should be at least CAD $1500 (recommended CAD $3500-5000) for this point to be valid.
3. Can you achieve a leave from your employer in Dubai, which explicitly states that you can come back to work with them once you finish your degree?
4. Do you have any travel history in any other country, (i presume you have been to the UK like me) which shows that you have left the country within the time period of your visa validity. And point this out in the SOP?
5. Do you own a car? or some sort of asset such as a provident fund with the employer, if possible, can you point this out in the SOP?

Also can you please mention clearly the course title and University name for me in this thread?

I understand the frustration you are going through. Believe me, I have gone through this too. The CIC has broken and washed away all my arrogance of being able to get into an MBA and having an ACCA!

Please don't hesitate to reply back in this thread with more queries. Don't lose hope, you WILL succeed this time. Best of Luck!

Hope this helps!

Prati said:
Hello, sad to hear about ur rejection. I am ACCA affiliate too and trying to apply for canada student visa to study MBA as well for this october. My visa in Uk is expiring within 2 months. I am thinking to apply visa from UK and I know I have tight deadline. After reading ur post I am much more scared to apply as it is very hard to prove home tie :(
All the best
hi friend,
do not be afraid, for am about to apply again. so please give a try brother, for my situation must not the same as yours.
Good luck when you apply.

MODESTE

Aug 15, 2016
enywmara said:
Dear Modeste,

Hope this helps!

Thanks very much enywmara,
I more pleased to hear such a good news from you and an affiliate to that, i am happy to hear much from you provided is ok by you let me send you a sample of my SOP for you have a look before i reapply next week

If is good by you, you can give you email address for me to send it.
regards,
modeste

Uneeku

Jul 18, 2015
Suppose one is married and have children back home, i believe that will be a very good home tie.

Tommy56

Mar 11, 2018
Hello,
Are ACCA students likely to get a study permit to Canada after getting an offer from a DLI? please help me with my querry