+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR without work experience reference letter?

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hey yes it worked for me. I got my PR in Apr (AOR Dec). submitted self attested reference letter, LOE and every employment proof i could gather- salary slips, confirmation letter, employment letter, tax filing etc
Hi,

I read your post, however, I haven't submitted job roles and responsibilities with the work ex letter for Indian companies . For US, its awlays included in the offer letter, and my points are based on the experience of 3.5 years. However, in work history , I have claimed my India experience with no job roles and responsibilities included with the supporting docs.

Can you please let me know:

1) Did you receive ADR from CIC ? Do they usually send it out ?
2) Can I get the job responsibilities from my Ex Indian companies and send it via web form ? I have been nominated through OINP and now I am unsure, if I'll get an ADR or rejection

Can you put some light on this ?

Thanks

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Hi,

I read your post, however, I haven't submitted job roles and responsibilities with the work ex letter for Indian companies . For US, its awlays included in the offer letter, and my points are based on the experience of 3.5 years. However, in work history , I have claimed my India experience with no job roles and responsibilities included with the supporting docs.

2) Can I get the job responsibilities from my Ex Indian companies and send it via web form ? I have been nominated through OINP and now I am unsure, if I'll get an ADR or rejection

Thanks
I made the same error. However, I raised a webform and sent updated letters with the job duties on it. Its better to send replacement documents right away without waiting for ADR request as that would only delay the process.

If in case you can't get the job duties on another letter, then provide your supervisors details along with any official document that has your job duties on it. For my US experience, I provided my H1B documents attached to an LOE. In the main letter I just wrote a page on why I can't get another letter with my supervisors contact details - name, phone number. I also added my job duties and then attached the H1B filing documents that specify the duties on it. I had to do this for my current job.

For all the previous jobs in India and US, I sent the updated reference letters in the format CIC prefers using a webform. I received an acknowledgment after 4 business days that the documents have been sent to the officer who is reviewing my application. Hope that this works out for me. I just did not want to wait to receive an ADR request and then send things. Also I am an FSW-O applicant.

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I made the same error. However, I raised a webform and sent updated letters with the job duties on it. Its better to send replacement documents right away without waiting for ADR request as that would only delay the process.

If in case you can't get the job duties on another letter, then provide your supervisors details along with any official document that has your job duties on it. For my US experience, I provided my H1B documents attached to an LOE. In the main letter I just wrote a page on why I can't get another letter with my supervisors contact details - name, phone number. I also added my job duties and then attached the H1B filing documents that specify the duties on it. I had to do this for my current job.

For all the previous jobs in India and US, I sent the updated reference letters in the format CIC prefers using a webform. I received an acknowledgment after 4 business days that the documents have been sent to the officer who is reviewing my application. Hope that this works out for me. I just did not want to wait to receive an ADR request and then send things. Also I am an FSW-O applicant.
Thanks, That's very helpful of you. After how many days of e-APR submission did you send these docs ? I submitted my application on Sunday, am arranging it, will take another couple days to upload it.

Also, can you confirm: in the IRCC web form, what " type of application " did you select ? Is it Permanent Residence ( applied online ) or "Replacement documents, amendment to documents and verification of status documents ?"

Thanks

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Ok thanks a lot. Hope they consider it. Don't want a rejection just for this.
I am in the same boat, I am attaching the letters now and will send it asap. Did you get a response from CIC regarding acceptance of your updated docs ?

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Thanks, That's very helpful of you. After how many days of e-APR submission did you send these docs ? I submitted my application on Sunday, am arranging it, will take another couple days to upload it.

Also, can you confirm: in the IRCC web form, what " type of application " did you select ? Is it Permanent Residence ( applied online ) or "Replacement documents, amendment to documents and verification of status documents ?"

Thanks
I used the Replacement documents option and I wrote about the document I want to replace in the text box when raising the form. It took me close to a month to submit all the updated documents. I submitted them as and when I received them. I have four jobs so I needed to arrange them from multiple employers.

Reactions: g.neha

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I used the Replacement documents option and I wrote about the document I want to replace in the text box when raising the form. It took me close to a month to submit all the updated documents. I submitted them as and when I received them. I have four jobs so I needed to arrange them from multiple employers.
Thanks a lot for this reply. I hope to get the information within a week from 2 employers. I will upload it as additional documents.

Did you receive any acknowledgement from CIC regarding these docs ? If yes, how quick was it ?

Thanks

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Thanks a lot for this reply. I hope to get the information within a week from 2 employers. I will upload it as additional documents.

Did you receive any acknowledgement from CIC regarding these docs ? If yes, how quick was it ?

Thanks
Yes they do send an email to the mail id you provide when you send the webform. It usually takes 4-5 business days sometimes earlier. And in their mail they do mention that they have sent the attached document to the officer reviewing your file with the name of the document you attach when you send the webform.

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Yes they do send an email to the mail id you provide when you send the webform. It usually takes 4-5 business days sometimes earlier. And in their mail they do mention that they have sent the attached document to the officer reviewing your file with the name of the document you attach when you send the webform.
Alright! Thanks a lot.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,

Thanks

Hi, I am not sure I understand. Did you claim points for the Indian w.exp or only for the US? if not then you should have simply excluded the indian job details and put in under personal history. less paperwork that way. if you have already put it under work history, but you are not claiming any points for it, then by rule of thumb you do not need to provide documents for the same. however now to be on the safe side you might want to get it and submit attachment thru webform.

i did not get any ADR for work exp as i had included all my documents (including self attested letters) in my initial submission. i got an ADR for travel history as my passport had lot of stamps. hope this helps.

Reactions: rr2021

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hi, I am not sure I understand. Did you claim points for the Indian w.exp or only for the US? if not then you should have simply excluded the indian job details and put in under personal history. less paperwork that way. if you have already put it under work history, but you are not claiming any points for it, then by rule of thumb you do not need to provide documents for the same. however now to be on the safe side you might want to get it and submit attachment thru webform.

i did not get any ADR for work exp as i had included all my documents (including self attested letters) in my initial submission. i got an ADR for travel history as my passport had lot of stamps. hope this helps.
Thanks for getting back

Yes I shouldn't have included in work history section and moved to personal. I am not claiming points for Indian Work Ex because my US experience is 3+years so it does suffice. However, now since I kept it in work history, I better provide documents through the web form just for my peace.

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Hi, my scenario is somewhat different. one of my ex employers is refusing to give me a reference letter stating my job duties as I left that company more than 2 years ago. To make matters worse, all of my ex colleagues who I could ask for such a letter have also left that company now. What are my fallback options here ? Could I get a reference letter from an ex colleague (who no longer works there) along with his business card and get it notarized and submit with the below documents ? But it won't be on the company letter head :(

1. Offer letter
2. Acceptance of resignation
3. Service letter- this states the work that I did although not too extensively
4. Pay slips

anybody who has been in this situation please advice as I'm really worried that this will cause issues. Thanks in advance !!

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
Hi, I am wondering whether CIC will call (or email) your company to confirm your claimed work experience?
Because my former company is now out of business. Although I may be able to get my former superviser written a letter for me, no one is gonna take the call from CIC. I am worried about that.
Anyone knows?

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Not usually no, no one can confirm on this blog with a yes or a no but according to the trends, they dont usually do that unless ofc they are in doubt of something.
So ultimately, it all is in discretion of the officer

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hi, I am wondering whether CIC will call (or email) your company to confirm your claimed work experience?
Because my former company is now out of business. Although I may be able to get my former superviser written a letter for me, no one is gonna take the call from CIC. I am worried about that.
Anyone knows?
So far we don't have accounts of them calling. If the letter is up to standards then they don't have to go around worrying about false docs.

olasupo123

Aug 29, 2019
Hello Everyone, I submitted my application in December for PR. I have done my medicals and biometric and got a good response that my medicals was fine. The 6 months timeline elapses in 40 days. I am a little nervous because I have not received any other message from the immigration officer since the update on my medicals and biometrics. Is this pattern normal before I am instructed to send my passport or should I be worried?