+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PPR Mail and having few questions due to immediate travel

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys

I just got a PPR mail and now I have to submit my Passport. I had applied with my spouse and CPC office is in Mumbai, India.

Now, the situation is my Spouse will be traveling to Melbourne on Business Trip in next week probably and he doesn't want
to take the risk of Submitting the passport to CPC office because it can delay his travel and which he doesn't want to.

My queries are :

Can we request CPC to change VISA office for my spouse from Mumbai to Melbourne? So that I can get PPR in Mumbai and spouse can get in Melbourne?
If yes, whats the email to send the request for change of office?
How much time do they take to respond back?
Will it be fine if I send the request mail in next week once my spouse's travel is confirmed ? Or maybe after 10 days, then also, I would be having 20 days left out of 30 days given by CPC.

What all Documents do we need to submit to VISA Office? In the mail, only passport and photographs are mentioned. Just these 2?

One more question
If we back out from taking the PPR, so at what point they return RPRF Fees? Is it before PPR Stamping on Passport or even
after PPR Stamping i.e CoPR?

Thanks
Silvi

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
Hi Guys

I just got a PPR mail and now I have to submit my Passport. I had applied with my spouse and CPC office is in Mumbai, India.

Now, the situation is my Spouse will be traveling to Melbourne on Business Trip in next week probably and he doesn't want
to take the risk of Submitting the passport to CPC office because it can delay his travel and which he doesn't want to.

My queries are :

Can we request CPC to change VISA office for my spouse from Mumbai to Melbourne? So that I can get PPR in Mumbai and spouse can get in Melbourne?
Will it be fine if I send the request mail in next week once my spouse's travel is confirmed ? Or maybe after 10 days, then also, I would be having 20 days left out of 30 days given by CPC.

What all Documents do we need to submit to VISA Office? In the mail, only passport and photographs are mentioned. Just these 2?

One more question
If we back out from taking the PPR, so at what point they return RPRF Fees? Is it before PPR Stamping on Passport or even
after PPR Stamping i.e CoPR?

Thanks
Silvi
I would suggest you call the CHC in Mumbai, explain the travel situation of your spouse and request for faster processing or extension of dates. You can of course also reach to CIC to request such an extension. Isn't there a mail address given in your PPR letter, for exactly such queries?

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Just call the Visa Office and check if they can do it in 2-3 days, otherwise call CIC office and ask them what can be done regarding it.
I have heard from people that VO can be changed easily.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
Hi Guys

My queries are :

Yes.

Send a CSE. Also check your PPR letter and send a mail to the id mentioned therein.

Typical response time is 2-7 days for a change VO request.

Yes. Members have reported that NDVO typically takes 4-7 days to return the passport after submission. If your spouse isn't traveling for the nest 10 days or so, you have enough time to submit the passport and get it back as well.

Exactly what is mentioned in the PPR letter. In India, you'll have to use VFS Global to submit the passport to NDVO.

One more question
If we back out from taking the PPR, so at what point they return RPRF Fees? Is it before PPR Stamping on Passport or even after PPR Stamping i.e CoPR?

Technically, RPRF can be refunded anytime prior to 'landing' in Canada and acquiring PR status. Not sure how soon they process this refund but members who had their applications refused were refunded RPRF in 4-8 weeks.

Thanks
Silvi

fred21

Jul 7, 2020
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi All,

I am a dependant living in UAE and my Primary Applicant is in India,
I planned to take my spouse from India to UAE under Residence Visa,
The visa work was nearing completion and we had bought a ticket for her to visit the UAE on November 1st week she saw in the tracker COPR number created, GCkey has no updates, and the expiration date is April 2024.
The primary visa office is in Ottawa, while the subsidiary office is in New Delhi.
I checked with VFS Global in the UAE, and they stated she may submit her passport anywhere.
So our issue is whether she can fly to the UAE, and if informing the IRCC would cause any delays in the procedure.
She has no prior travel history outside of India, and we need to notify the IRCC once she arrives, and what is the protocol for doing so and updating the address?

Thanks in Advance

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi All,

I am a dependant living in UAE and my Primary Applicant is in India,
I planned to take my spouse from India to UAE under Residence Visa,
The visa work was nearing completion and we had bought a ticket for her to visit the UAE on November 1st week she saw in the tracker COPR number created, GCkey has no updates, and the expiration date is April 2024.
The primary visa office is in Ottawa, while the subsidiary office is in New Delhi.
I checked with VFS Global in the UAE, and they stated she may submit her passport anywhere.
So our issue is whether she can fly to the UAE, and if informing the IRCC would cause any delays in the procedure.
She has no prior travel history outside of India, and we need to notify the IRCC once she arrives, and what is the protocol for doing so and updating the address?

Thanks in Advance
Raise a webform or call IRCC to inform of change in residence post moving.

Reactions: fred21