+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PPR but unable to meet 30-day passport courier deadline

Frankchung

Mar 20, 2015
Dear all,

I received my PPR today - ITA Aug 13, 2015 - OOPNP-EE-Inland

First of all, congrats for those who received it! We made it. For those waiting, yours will be coming VERY SOON!!!!!

I would like seniors answer my inquiry:

- As indicated in my PPR letter, I need to submit passport (since I am from a visa country) and photos to Ottawa within 30 days. However I am travelling to another country at the beginning of February for three weeks (Be back on Feb 25, 2016). If I mail out my passport now I am afraid I can't get it back by the beginning of Feb.

Can I email them to ask for an extension of that 30 days? How long could they grant? Anyone experienced/done this before???

Appreciate your inputs :)

Frank

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
After you submit your proof of travel to CIC, the extension they will give is just usually a few days after your return.

RDL

Jan 13, 2016
Bellaluna is right. Just send them documentation for your travel (Plane tickets/ hotel bookings). In my case they set the deadline 3 days after my arrival (I had to send the local passport to my local Visa Office first thing in the morning after the day of my arrival).

Note that in my case, the extension was almost 45 days after the original deadline. (I had a series of trips over the course of 6 weeks)
I just got a mail yesterday, saying that my passport has been released by the embassy and in transit already :)

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
After you submit your proof of travel to CIC, the extension they will give is just usually a few days after your return.
Hi.

I received my ppr mail yesterday but I will not be able to meet the deadline to submit passport to Manila VO. Manila VO only gave me 5 days to submit passport because my medical will be expiring on June 6, 2019. However, my passport is with Korean embassy for a tourist visa application.

I sent an email to my manila vo. Will they give me extension? Do you have an idea after how many days do they reply to email?

Thanks