+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got my PR from CEC

SINP AND PR

Sep 9, 2014
dear all friends
last year i got my pr from cec

but i have one question if you can reply it will be helpful:

My passport will be expire june 30 215.

So when i will do my new passport , should i let know cic that my old passport was expire and i took new passport.

I was wonder when i will travel with new passport CBS offer ask me anything at airport or not.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
SINP AND PR said:
dear all friends
last year i got my pr from cec

but i have one question if you can reply it will be helpful:

My passport will be expire june 30 215.

So when i will do my new passport , should i let know cic that my old passport was expire and i took new passport.

I was wonder when i will travel with new passport CBS offer ask me anything at airport or not.
Hi,
I assume you have already landed and become PR. If yes, you don't need to inform anyone about renewing (changing) your passport.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
nov1061 is right!

Once you become a permanent residence you are done.. :) passport is only a travel document it has nothing todo with your PR card. You are not even bound to renew your passport if you have no plans to travel in the near future.

hope it helps

lovealberta

Dec 30, 2014
it does not mater anymore, all you will need is your PR card when your going in and out of canada

happy for you

Almagaff

Aug 24, 2014
Congrats SINP AND PR,

Just out of curiosity, what was your timetime from sending in your app to receiving your PR?

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
I was landed last year June 2013 got my PR card September 2014

Thanks guys for your reply

I was thinking my PR application and My PR card , details saved CIC system with old passport no
So may be cbs officer will can't understand about my new passport

But I understand now passport new or old doesn't matter
As long as your PR card valid no problem to in or out Canada

Thanks