+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT MY PR FILE BACK TODAY, VISA ALREADY EXPIRED IN DECEMBER, NOW WHAT TO DO?

R_CHAUDHARY

Nov 9, 2014
Hi,
As the cap was reached, I got my file back today by CIC. My visa is already expired in last december. I also applied for my bowp in december but now I will not get the AOR which means my bowp application will also get rejected.
Now please tell me what can I do next.
1) Call the CIC and cancel my bowp file so that I can apply for visitor visa with restoration.
or
2) I can apply visitor visa now without cancelling bowp application.

and If I will cancel my bowp application then can i get my money back.

Please suggest me something....

Thanks

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
R_CHAUDHARY said:
Hi,
As the cap was reached, I got my file back today by CIC. My visa is already expired in last december. I also applied for my bowp in december but now I will not get the AOR which means my bowp application will also get rejected.
1) Call the CIC and cancel my bowp file so that I can apply for visitor visa with restoration.
or

Thanks
Don't cancel your BOWP since u r out of status , let it get processed and get rejected so that u will have 90 days to restore ur status.then apply for the visit visa and restoration at the same time.

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Above comment makes sense but thats 150 you could use and yes to give you more time but rejection might be a possibility unless an officer makes an error you can cancel or stay on course to give you more time and then you will be out of status and restoration of status is 200 and i think visitors is 100 so thats 300 already so thats why i said that 150 you could use

sportas

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Feb 12/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
akil_f1 said:
Don't cancel your BOWP since u r out of status , let it get processed and get rejected so that u will have 90 days to restore ur status.then apply for the visit visa and restoration at the same time.
I am pretty sure that, once you get the rejection, they will count the restoration status from the day your previous status expired. Make sure you call them to double check that. I did have that situation once when my WP was rejected (I was also trying to buy the time).

nudang99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2015
Nomination.....
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
December 2015
Med's Done....
December 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 3 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 16 2016
LANDED..........
August 18 2016
sportas said:
I am pretty sure that, once you get the rejection, they will count the restoration status from the day your previous status expired. Make sure you call them to double check that. I did have that situation once when my WP was rejected (I was also trying to buy the time).
Did you file the retoration by yourself or hire someone to do for you. I am in the same boat but dont want to take risk this time...

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
sportas said:
I second that.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Iske boleh "gaarh meh nuni"!!

R_CHAUDHARY said:
Hi,
or

Thanks