+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Medical Request Email!...My advice to you :)

theoptimist

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Harare
Visa Office......
Harare / Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
LANDED..........
15 AUGUST :D
Hello. So this morning I received an email from CIC to go ahead with my medicals! I know this doesn't guarantee a visa but since Im applying from Africa its a 90% guarantee. This is because I actually applied 3weeks ago, upon which they then review and approve your application. Once approved, they then send you the medical request. I think they do this as the whole medical process here costs about $300 US Dollars to do so they're trying to avoid people getting angry should their applications not be approved had they taken the medicals before approval!

I've been following this forum for the past several months and the advice in it really helped me so I thought that its now my turn to give some advice back. I was gonna write the adivce when my visa got 100% approved but since time is running out for those wanting to go to Canada this fall I thought I'd post it now!...Im also hoping it'll help those applying in Africa. I applied via the Pretoria, South Africa High Commision. So here's my advice:

1. Get good grades! I did O and A level and got pretty much A's and B's for all of them. I think that the Canadians want to see that you are indeed a bona fide student that is actually seeking to further their education in Canada.

2. There really is no need to go through an agent if you follow exactly what they want on their checklist. I almost went for an agent that wanted to charge usd$100 but decided not to as the study permit checklist is very straight forward.

3. Don't worry about previous rejections. I had a UK visa denied a few years back due to my countries rapid economic decline but clearly that didn't bother the Canadians as they only care about whats happening in the now!

4. FINANCES: MOST IMPORTANT in my opinion
The biggest factor to approval I think is your finances. And there is good news for all: You DONT have to show insanley large sums of money. Here is what I did:
- Paid for one years Tution AND Accomodation aswell as other expenses that were listed on the acceptance letter from the uni such as healthcare etc. Submitted receipt from school with visa application
- Make sure your sponsors have a steady proven income! My parents are my sponsors and both have pretty good paying jobs so we just showed their payslip for 1 month aswell as bank statements for the past 4 months. And guess what, the closing balance on their statments combined was less than $10000! The visa officer just wants to see that money comes in and out of your accounts. So there really is no need to have insane amounts of money like what I've seen some people do as it may infact be suspicious if it doesnt match up with your sponsors income.

5. Be paitient and dont worry. This one is kinda hard for me even as I spent the last 3 weeks super anxious but through prayer and faith there really wasnt a need for me worry :)

And thats it!...Hope I've helped someone. And wish me luck as processing the medical can take upto 8weeks and school starts in 8weeks so Im not out of the woods just yet! ;)

MandyKMF

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
theoptimist said:
Hello. So this morning I received an email from CIC to go ahead with my medicals! I know this doesn't guarantee a visa but since Im applying from Africa its a 90% guarantee. This is because I actually applied 3weeks ago, upon which they then review and approve your application. Once approved, they then send you the medical request. I think they do this as the whole medical process here costs about $300 US Dollars to do so they're trying to avoid people getting angry should their applications not be approved had they taken the medicals before approval!

I've been following this forum for the past several months and the advice in it really helped me so I thought that its now my turn to give some advice back. I was gonna write the adivce when my visa got 100% approved but since time is running out for those wanting to go to Canada this fall I thought I'd post it now!...Im also hoping it'll help those applying in Africa. I applied via the Pretoria, South Africa High Commision. So here's my advice:

1. Get good grades! I did O and A level and got pretty much A's and B's for all of them. I think that the Canadians want to see that you are indeed a bona fide student that is actually seeking to further their education in Canada.

2. There really is no need to go through an agent if you follow exactly what they want on their checklist. I almost went for an agent that wanted to charge usd$100 but decided not to as the study permit checklist is very straight forward.

3. Don't worry about previous rejections. I had a UK visa denied a few years back due to my countries rapid economic decline but clearly that didn't bother the Canadians as they only care about whats happening in the now!

The biggest factor to approval I think is your finances. And there is good news for all: You DONT have to show insanley large sums of money. Here is what I did:
- Paid for one years Tution AND Accomodation aswell as other expenses that were listed on the acceptance letter from the uni such as healthcare etc. Submitted receipt from school with visa application
- Make sure your sponsors have a steady proven income! My parents are my sponsors and both have pretty good paying jobs so we just showed their payslip for 1 month aswell as bank statements for the past 4 months. And guess what, the closing balance on their statments combined was less than $10000! The visa officer just wants to see that money comes in and out of your accounts. So there really is no need to have insane amounts of money like what I've seen some people do as it may infact be suspicious if it doesnt match up with your sponsors income.

5. Be paitient and dont worry. This one is kinda hard for me even as I spent the last 3 weeks super anxious but through prayer and faith there really wasnt a need for me worry :)

And thats it!...Hope I've helped someone. And wish me luck as processing the medical can take upto 8weeks and school starts in 8weeks so Im not out of the woods just yet! ;)
Hi did u get ur visa yet ????

theoptimist

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Harare
Visa Office......
Harare / Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
LANDED..........
15 AUGUST :D
MandyKMF said:
Hi did u get ur visa yet ????
Not yet...but that's because my medical file only reached London yesterday...(I know, crazy how they're sent all the way there for some of us). So hopefully I should have (good) news in about 2-3 weeks!!

MandyKMF

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
theoptimist said:
Not yet...but that's because my medical file only reached London yesterday...(I know, crazy how they're sent all the way there for some of us). So hopefully I should have (good) news in about 2-3 weeks!!
Ok i got the medical request on 10th of July....and went on 11th....hopefully i get some good news soon

mys12345

Jul 17, 2013
MandyKMF said:
Ok i got the medical request on 10th of July....and went on 11th....hopefully i get some good news soon
Me and my wife, both of us got the medical request e-mail today. Passport status still says "under processing"
MandyKMF - Did you get just an e-mail or your passport was also sent back?

MandyKMF

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
mys12345 said:
Me and my wife, both of us got the medical request e-mail today. Passport status still says "under processing"
MandyKMF - Did you get just an e-mail or your passport was also sent back?

no just got the e-mail to go for the medicals......why would they give the passport back....that would mean im not getting the visa

mys12345

Jul 17, 2013
MandyKMF said:
no just got the e-mail to go for the medicals......why would they give the passport back....that would mean im not getting the visa
Cool.. So as ID proof you took PAN Card / Voter's Id / Driving License?
I got the medical appointment for Monday.
Hope you get your visa by soon, it will be great for you and a big morale booster for me :)

MandyKMF

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
YUP....i hope so too..they say it takes about 2 weeks after the medicals....so lets see..

which intake have you applied for???

Also just incase you have a photocopy of your passport take that along as well...the hospital had just taken that as identity proof when i had gone...you can also carry ur original other forms of identity like pan card, drivers license.

livix000

Nov 19, 2014
theoptimist said:

Hello theoptimist

i am applying for student permit through south africa too can you please tell me about the documents you have send to support your student visa application

thanks