+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got laid off on H1bvisa (USA) while federal skilled worker appl. under process

mpat

May 6, 2010
Seniors,

I applied for federal skilled worker application ( Geotechnical Engineer 2144) in April 2009. Full documents sent to buffalo in August 2009. My file is transferred to local Newyork office (NY City) in april 2010 for expedite process.

I was working on H1b visa (as geotechnical Engineer) and got laid off in January 2010. I filed my H1b to H4 (dependent visa) visa based on my wife H1b visa. Due to tough market conditions, i could not able to find a job in civil engieering field. I applied my file as geotechnical engineer (2144). Now, i want to switch my career to IT field, may be i want join IT consultant to work as Business analyst or QA analyst and later on get education on the IT field.

Now my questions are:

1) since my application is at last stage, do i have to inform that to CIC that i am not working and i am on h4 visa.
2) What if they call me for an interview?, what should i answer about the job status? will they reject me as i am not working?
3)What if i tranfer my h4 to h1b on IT consultant as business analyst, will they ask me that why are you not working in civll field.

Thanks an appreciate it

mpat

May 6, 2010
Seniors,

Anybody with H1b visa applied for Canada PR
Please reply on this.

Thanks

Appreciate it.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpat said:
1) since my application is at last stage, do i have to inform that to CIC that i am not working and i am on h4 visa.
I think so but I'm not sure
2) What if they call me for an interview?, what should i answer about the job status? will they reject me as i am not working?
Your job status at this point doesn't matter. They can't reject you based on your employment status
3)What if i tranfer my h4 to h1b on IT consultant as business analyst, will they ask me that why are you not working in civll field.
This will not affect your application in any way

¬m2l

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
All they care is to see if you are legally in this country and i guess you are.
The job experience they look is not the current one (eventhough it counts) but it is the total experience and 1 year in the specially (38 job categories).
If you have provided those,then no worries.

mpat

May 6, 2010
Thanks for response.
Your answers give me a peace of mind.

Now, can somebody guide me should i inform to CIC NY about the change of visa status from H1b to H4.

Thanks and appreciate it.

sheik32

May 5, 2010
Re: Got laid off on H1bvisa (USA) while federal skilled worker appl. under proce

As someone wrote earlier; I think what is important is the job you applied under, not your current job.

mpat

May 6, 2010
Again, thanks and appreciate your response.

I understand as i did not apply under AINP or any other catagory i will be safe. As i applided unders skilled worker catagory.

My specific questions/doubt now is:

Do i have to inform CIC NY about my visa status change from H1b to H4 visa.
From what i unerstand from previous comments "NO"
Please confirm/comment.

Thanks

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dontworry , I am on H1B and laidoff since december, I applied in december 2009 and got laidoff, I am also on H1B and no job, but my process is going on... maintain to stay in the USA dont leave country otherwise you have to transfer your file to home country.
I will going to stay in the USA upto not getting PR visa of Canada.
one more thing, you dont have to inform consulate that you are not working, if they called you for interview and if VO ask you about employer than you can say your last employer and you are laid off, VO dont care that you laid off, VO will just look your I797, i94 your spouse I797.
OMM