+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got an ITA under CEC but worked abroad for two months in my 2 year work experience

extraspam

Dec 11, 2023
Yes, it still applies. You need to be physically in Canada to count the work experience as Canadian work experience.
@scylla @Naturgrl
I had that remote work experience in my profile and got the ITA. My ITA is under PNP and not CEC. I can therefore remove that experience. It reduces my score but I'm still well above the cut-off score because of PNP.
Do you recommend removing that experience from my application? as ideally I should not be claiming points for an experience that doesn't really count.
But, I had that experience in my OINP application as well. Although, for OINP I got PNP for FSW and not for CEC. So I think it should be safe to remove. Just worried if removing the experience from express entry will cause a discrepancy between express entry and PNP profiles. Thoughts?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@scylla @Naturgrl
I had that remote work experience in my profile and got the ITA. My ITA is under PNP and not CEC. I can therefore remove that experience. It reduces my score but I'm still well above the cut-off score because of PNP.
Do you recommend removing that experience from my application? as ideally I should not be claiming points for an experience that doesn't really count.
But, I had that experience in my OINP application as well. Although, for OINP I got PNP for FSW and not for CEC. So I think it should be safe to remove. Just worried if removing the experience from express entry will cause a discrepancy between express entry and PNP profiles. Thoughts?
If your CRS score is still above the draw score then you can add it to personal history.

yuandom

Jun 11, 2023
You can count the two months as foreign work experience (just not as Canadian work experience).

What happens to your score if you count the two months as foreign work experience? Does your score drop below the cut off or stay above?
Hi Scylla, do you know if foreign work experience under CEC category gained before the past 3 year can be claimed as points or not? I got them four years ago, not sure if I can use them together with my Canada local work experience..

Thanks,