+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got an email from IRCC regarding on going delay

vikthemaz

Apr 5, 2021
Hello everybody,
I have filled for my Permanent Residency under the Express Entry program (International Class) in October 2020 and the completion for the application is April 2021. I am on a work visa in Canada which is going to expire in June 2021. However, recently I received an email from the IRCC saying that there is a delay in the processing of the applications. I am wondering what action is suitable for me the most. Should I wait till my application is processed or should I apply for a work visa extension?
Thank you

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hello everybody,
I have filled for my Permanent Residency under the Express Entry program (International Class) in October 2020 and the completion for the application is April 2021. I am on a work visa in Canada which is going to expire in June 2021. However, recently I received an email from the IRCC saying that there is a delay in the processing of the applications. I am wondering what action is suitable for me the most. Should I wait till my application is processed or should I apply for a work visa extension?
Thank you
As per current trend, if you are FSW-Inland you can expect your application to be processed at a quick pace compared to FSW-Outland. However there is no guarantee your application will be approved by April.

It is better to apply for work visa extension.

Reactions: vikthemaz

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Hello everybody,
Thank you
Given the delays, do what you have to do to maintain your legal standing in Canada while your PR application is being processed.

Reactions: vikthemaz