+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a passport request today but my background check and eligibility are still under review. Also there’s no mention of study permit anywhere??

aryaa

Mar 22, 2020
Applied for a study permit and the optional TRV, I got a passport request today but it says my background check is still being processed and my eligibility is still under review. Nothing was mentioned about my study permit. Does this mean only my TRV got approved? And why is my eligibility still under review? I got a biometric correspondence letter as well. Is it possible my application can get rejected still?

Under final decision, it says Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application.
And in the Passport Request letter it says, This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

so nothing about study permit.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Applied for a study permit and the optional TRV, I got a passport request today but it says my background check is still being processed and my eligibility is still under review. Nothing was mentioned about my study permit. Does this mean only my TRV got approved? And why is my eligibility still under review? I got a biometric correspondence letter as well. Is it possible my application can get rejected still?

Under final decision, it says Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application.
And in the Passport Request letter it says, This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

so nothing about study permit.
A study permit is a type of TRV
When you send your passport for stamping, your eligibility and background will be updated