+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got 35 points added for CEC and got ITA before 12 months completed. What should I do?

crd

Jan 29, 2024
Hi I am in a similar situation. I claimed points for 3 years of foreign work experience but I actually worked for 2 years 10 months and 10 days; I was still employed up to the three year mark but was not working as my USA permit had expired and I was waiting for my Canadian paperwork to transfer here. I want to decline my ITA since I can only prove two years of experience and my score will go down. I am just wondering if after declining you can still update your express entry profile to reflect a new CRS score? Could the people in this thread who ended up declining their ITA advice if after doing so you could still update your EE profile?

Pc111

Mar 22, 2024
Do not decline, the system auto calculate your score. Accept ITA and then submit the application when you have the full 1 yr. Example, if you are going to reach 1 year in December and your ITA is expiring in January you must submit the application in December on or after the day you reach the 1yr work experience. There are lots of Youtube videos explainning this. Check out Kubeir Kamal YouTube, he's a licenced immigration consultant and I use is videos to help me understand the CEC process
Hi,

Could please let me know if your application is approved?
My friend is in a similar situation, he is compelting 3 years experience in August but got an ITA yesterday.
He is confused about accepting or rejecting the ITA.

Thank you

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
I was in the same situation and when I got the ITA. When I submit documents requested, I was 5 days short for 1 year work experience completion for CEC (CEC needs 1 year work experience).

I took the risk and applied. Got PR in last Feb

Thnx

Reactions: StarO

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
Hi,

Could please let me know if your application is approved?
My friend is in a similar situation, he is compelting 3 years experience in August but got an ITA yesterday.
He is confused about accepting or rejecting the ITA.

Thank you
Hi, I am a PR and this situation didn’t apply to me. I just provided information on a comment that someone made sometime ago.

Reactions: nuwan.chathuranga