+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got 2 years work permit instead of 3.

saqlien

Dec 16, 2020
Hello .i have finished my 2 years diploma course . My graduation letter clearly says 2 years program. I have attached both the graduation letter and the transcript while applying for work permit. Even i have almost 5 years validity on my passport. Still i got 2 years work permit instead of 3. does anyone know what is the reason behind that?
Thank you in advance.

saqlien

Dec 16, 2020
I skipped one semester after i finished my third semester. But i finished it in my summer vacation. The first 2 semesters which i did were fall 2018 and winter 2019. and the last 2 semester were fall 2019 and spring 2020. I finished my graduation in 2 years. I thought that wont be a problem for my work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I skipped one semester after i finished my third semester. But i finished it in my summer vacation. The first 2 semesters which i did were fall 2018 and winter 2019. and the last 2 semester were fall 2019 and spring 2020. I finished my graduation in 2 years. I thought that wont be a problem for my work permit.
As per the eligibility requirements, you can't skip a semester as you were not a full time student. You were fortunate to get a PGWP and could have been refused entirely.

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
As per the eligibility requirements, you can't skip a semester as you were not a full time student. You were fortunate to get a PGWP and could have been refused entirely.
Absolutely, OP is lucky to even get the PGWP at all. It's interesting they left out this very important detail of skipping a term in their post.

Reactions: k.h.p.

saqlien

Dec 16, 2020
I had to come back to my country as my mother was sick. and that is why i couldn't do the semester. I did asked my coordinators and they told me it was completely fine until and unless i have proper explanation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had to come back to my country as my mother was sick. and that is why i couldn't do the semester. I did asked my coordinators and they told me it was completely fine until and unless i have proper explanation.
Did they say it was fine for PGWP eligibility? Did you get official leave from the school? If so include their letter of leave.