+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got 2 refusals, need suggestion.

rohan jiwani

Aug 29, 2017
Hi guys,

I have bachelor's in BBA and 7 bands in IELTS. I applied for a Diploma in Creative Advertising at Seneca College for the Jan intake, 2021 and started my classes online.
I got my first refusal in March with the following reasons:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Given your previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).
I made a strong SOP, stating proper reasons for why I picked a Diploma and how I will come back to India after the completion of my program. I also attached the grades from my online classes.
However, I received my second refusal on 21st April with the following reason:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I consulted a few agents, and they said I should change my program and re-apply. Furthermore, I am a little confused, as the second refusal don't mention anything about the program not being relevant, should I really change it. And if I do change it, would that be a problem because I already stated strong reasons for doing the Diploma in my 2nd application?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
The only thing you should be doing now is applying for your gcms notes. You should have done that after the first rejection prior to applying again.

Reactions: rohan jiwani

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Apply for gcms notes and see what's mentioned... agent says let's change program because they will get commission from another college even if u r refused ..or if u change agent he will ask u to change the program for sure because he will not get anything from ur current institute because he was not the one dealing with that college on ur behalf..if u change program u have to justify that too..if u failed to do so rejection is there for sure..

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi guys,

I have bachelor's in BBA and 7 bands in IELTS. I applied for a Diploma in Creative Advertising at Seneca College for the Jan intake, 2021 and started my classes online.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Given your previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).
I made a strong SOP, stating proper reasons for why I picked a Diploma and how I will come back to India after the completion of my program. I also attached the grades from my online classes.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I consulted a few agents, and they said I should change my program and re-apply. Furthermore, I am a little confused, as the second refusal don't mention anything about the program not being relevant, should I really change it. And if I do change it, would that be a problem because I already stated strong reasons for doing the Diploma in my 2nd application?

I would not even look at the useless generic comments they put on the rejection. You should apply for GCMS notes and see the observations made. Depending on your age and the country you are applying from, you course has influence on the decision. If you are a mature student and applying from a third world country, best is to go for masters.

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
I have bachelor's in BBA and 7 bands in IELTS. I applied for a Diploma in Creative Advertising at Seneca College
Bro you should go for higher studies. You already have BBA and your going to study Diploma (a lower credential), It doesn't make any sense. You should go for Post-Graduate diploma, PG certificate or master's.

I believe that is the main reason for refusal.

slstu2020

Oct 21, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
06-09-2020
Med's Request
25-09-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-01-2021
Hi guys,

Bro without approval for a study permit why did you start your online classes?.. Did you apply alone or through an agent? As suggested by others order the GCMS and check the VO detail explanation on your refusal. Then take an appropriate move for the next step either apply for a higher course than a diploma or change the college.

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
one more thing u can call ircc to check what are the visa officers remarks on ur file i mean why he she refused u if u cant wait for 35 days and if u want to submit ur file again before 15 may .. u can find the details how to call ircc easily on this forum ..