+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good University for MSc in Chemical Engineering

Pankaj1989

Jul 7, 2014
Dear All,

I need your distinguish advice in context of probability of getting selected in Canadian University (As my target is University of Alberta) with below listed profile.

As I am also relying on scholarship if you would be able to guide about the same as well would be appreciated.

Education :

S.S.C (10th) : 83 %
Diploma in Petrochemical Technology : 68 % (University second topper) - Baroda University, India.
Undergraduate in Petrochemical Engineering : 74.3 % (University third topper) - Pune University, India.
TOEFL / IELTS / GRE : Pending yet

Experience:

4.2 Years of experience in Petrochemical Engineering, Designing Field.

Your valuable advice's are welcome.

Regards,
Pankaj.

Pankaj1989

Jul 7, 2014
Dear Mr. Gill,

First of all thanks a ton for your prompt reply.

Will you please also help me to know the probability of getting admission based on my profile.

As it would be very helpful for my career.

Thanks,
Pankaj

mehtab_gill

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think u ll get into one of the univrsities i mentioned above.
GRE scores are gonna expedite ur application (305 and above)

do u have a good research work which can impress admission committee like publications, posters, n research projects.
these things are highly recommended

mehtab_gill

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehtab_gill said:
I think u ll get into one of the univrsities i mentioned above.
GRE scores are gonna expedite ur application (305 and above)

do u have a good research work which can impress admission committee like publications, posters, n research projects.
these things are highly recommended
One of my friend is also going along with me to McGill for PhD in chemical engineering . He is from IIT Bombay

Pankaj1989

Jul 7, 2014
mehtab_gill said:
One of my friend i also going along with me to McGill for PhD in chemical engineering . He is from IIT Bombay
Mr. Gill,

Can you please elaborate more about the scholarships for the same and about the University of Alberta and please correct me if I am wrong though McGill and Uni. of Toronto are the best where the probability would be less and while cost for the same would be much higher than Uni. of Alberta.

And as I do not have much experience of research but I had represented papers on few technical topics related to chemical engineering and did project work related to research along with company few company.

I had also undergone 6 months training in Germany related to my field.

mehtab_gill

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am having little idea about U Alberta

In McGill
Most of the MSc Program (thesis) are funded by the university . Students has a little fee to pay for it.

All i can suggest u is to apply in all universities and explore the university websites if the program in U Alberta are funded by university or not.

If there is any provision for scholarship, must apply.

Pankaj1989

Jul 7, 2014
mehtab_gill said:
I am having little idea about U Alberta

In McGill
Most of the MSc Program (thesis) are funded by the university . Students has a little fee to pay for it.

All i can suggest u is to apply in all universities and explore the university websites if the program in U Alberta are funded by university or not.

If there is any provision for scholarship, must apply.
I know it's bit irrelevant to raise this question but I would like to know one thing about the level of difficulty for masters studies (I know it might not be related to your field) but will you please let me know about that.

May I know for about your profile as you are also going for further studies (If you don't mind)

mehtab_gill

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pankaj1989 said:
I know it's bit irrelevant to raise this question but I would like to know one thing about the level of difficulty for masters studies (I know it might not be related to your field) but will you please let me know about that.

May I know for about your profile as you are also going for further studies (If you don't mind)
GRE 315 analytical 3.5, verbal 155, quant 160
TOEFL 95
IELTS 7.5
Percentage in Degree 61%( seems low but according WES evaulation My GPA was 3.89/4
Research work :
Poster presenations -3 ( in degree) .
Research projects with college professors -1 publication on antibiotics
3 ongoing studies in medical field ( no one is published yet n i mentiined them in progress)
+ volunteer Work
+ Dental camps
Etc.

GPA matters a lot

mehtab_gill

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pankaj1989 said:

As i was told by my seniors . study in canada is easy than india

Pankaj1989

Jul 7, 2014
mehtab_gill said:
As i was told by my seniors . study in canada is easy than india
Can you please tell me what is the exact way of getting CGPA (as I tried to google it but always got various ways and after all I muddled up) as I got 73.3 % overall so can you tell me my CGPA.

and thanks for sharing your profile

mehtab_gill

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to WES site
http://www.wes.org/students/igpacalc.asp
Follow the link

mehtab_gill

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pankaj1989 said:
In your stated website I am unable to find India under country selection drop down menu.
Unfortunately its not working right now.
u can check this guide
Percentage above 60% = 4/4 GPA = 'A' grade (U.S)
http://www.wes.org/gradeconversionguide/index.asp