+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOOD NEWS TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING!

srhnclptt

Nov 29, 2012
Monday, December 10, 2012 5:21 PM
Our office is currently experiencing unexpected delays in processing temporary resident (visitor) visas, work permits and study permits. Please be assured that we are doing our very best to process all applications as quickly as possible.

We understand your concern about our longer-than-normal processing times. Our office has made it our goal to process all routine applications submitted prior to December 1, 2012 by December 17, 2012. We anticipate that we should be able to finalize the majority of these applications and place the documents in the mail to return to clients by December 17, 2012. If, for reasons beyond our control, your application will not be finalized and placed in the mail by December 17, 2012, we will advise you of such by e-mail.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your reply, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number and the type of visa for which you have applied. Please clearly state that you wish to withdraw your application. When we receive your e-mail, we will cease all processing on your application and will place your passport in the mail within two working days to be returned to you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

my fiance got this today! woohooo!

Riku

Dec 9, 2012
i sent in two enquiries today but did not get this reply. From which ID did you get this mail.

Cheers
Riku

minime

Nov 16, 2012
When did your you guys applied for it to get it today. Mine is 20 October, you think when im gonna get it?

cbetancourt83

Dec 6, 2012
Mmmm, I sent my application with my e-mail address but i didn't get this mail. Please could you please give me the e-mail to send my application withdraw request. I have tickets to fligth to my country on Monday and still no news from the consulate. I'm worried!
Thanks

frono

Nov 29, 2012
Minime,

If you sent it before Dec. 1, You am guessing you will get it next week around Wed. depending on the type of mail shipping you paid for to be sent to you.

appyg

Nov 8, 2012
God bless you ! I was so busy this coming weekend and next week. I was at the verge of breaking down with stress. Thank you very much for posting this and soothing my soul :)

I hope all of us get our VISA before 17th ! Good job guys/gals.

minime

Nov 16, 2012
Thanks guys for this message and replies, it really makes my day for my bday today since im so stressed out about stuck here all winter :) Ima keep u guys posted if i get my visa

cbetancourt83

Dec 6, 2012
I called them today morning, and I could speak with a woman that told me they were going to call me back within an hour. I'm still waiting....

appyg

Nov 8, 2012
Hello Everyone!

I got my VISA today in the post.. Wohooo!! I am not going to be stuck here for winter and I am going to go home! Hurray :D

I hope everyone else gets their documents back with the VISA too.. Good luck y'all!

newuser2012

Oct 1, 2012
Last few days I have sent several e-mails and faxes to them. So far, they haven't responded. My flight is on Dec. 18th. I applied on Nov. 9th. I don't know what to do at this point.

appyg

Nov 8, 2012
I think you should wait till Friday and if you don't still get it, go to the VISA consulate on Monday early in the morning and get your Passport under urgent processing (Something like that was mentioned in other threads)