+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good news summary post Oath invitation in September 2021

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Eventually I managed to got the problem with registering for application tracker fixed.

Based on tracker, I have oath ceremony scheduled for Feb 4, 2022 but I have not received any email or letter yet.
I wish it was sooner. I see people having their oath ceremony 2 months after their application status is changed to decision made, and here I have it more than 5 months after status changed to decision made.
No complains, at least I have a date now :)

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants
MontrealSingle

Hi All,

Please update my profile. My tracker shows that I'm invite to take the Oath on October 5th 2021. Citizenship oath activity status updated to In progress on Sep 21st.

Thank you,

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
For people who will be taking their oath soon, For Affirmation of Citizenship form, what is the best way of signing it? We are given two options:
  • Printing the form in advance and then sign it on paper infront of the IRCC official during the Zoom session after the Closing remarks
  • Signing the form electronically after the Ceremony on our own
Which one is more efficient and faster?

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
For people who will be taking their oath soon, For Affirmation of Citizenship form, what is the best way of signing it? We are given two options:
  • Printing the form in advance and then sign it on paper infront of the IRCC official during the Zoom session after the Closing remarks
  • Signing the form electronically after the Ceremony on our own
Which one is more efficient and faster?
I imagine electronic is faster, given you can send it immediately after the ceremony. @rajkamalmohanram did the electronic route and it seemed to work well for this user, but I will defer to them on details.

Tulip85

Oct 12, 2021
Hey guys,

I have a consultation if somebody could kindly help me with.

On Sep 16, 2021, my tracker updated to "You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on February 16, 2022".
At the same time, I have got a great job offer from US which is really important to me and my employer has already been so nice and flexible to list my start date as March 1st, 2022.
However, I am not really sure if the exact oath ceremony will be held on Feb 16th since I still haven't received the invitation email and I'm concerned the exact ceremony date might happen later that Feb 16.

Does anyone recommend me to request the immigration office (through email or web forum) to reschedule my oath ceremony to an earlier date, by attaching my job offer letter?

Thanks in advance

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey guys,

I have a consultation if somebody could kindly help me with.

On Sep 16, 2021, my tracker updated to "You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on February 16, 2022".
At the same time, I have got a great job offer from US which is really important to me and my employer has already been so nice and flexible to list my start date as March 1st, 2022.
However, I am not really sure if the exact oath ceremony will be held on Feb 16th since I still haven't received the invitation email and I'm concerned the exact ceremony date might happen later that Feb 16.

Does anyone recommend me to request the immigration office (through email or web forum) to reschedule my oath ceremony to an earlier date, by attaching my job offer letter?

Thanks in advance
They won't consider job offers from outside Canada. Most people do their oath on the specified date (I saw at least two had their oath cancelled latter), but what you should be concerned about if you can get your passport before you leave. I doubt 2 weeks will be enough to get your passport unless they agree to expedite things for you after the oath.

Reactions: Tulip85

Tulip85

Oct 12, 2021
They won't consider job offers from outside Canada. Most people do their oath on the specified date (I saw at least two had their oath cancelled latter), but what you should be concerned about if you can get your passport before you leave. I doubt 2 weeks will be enough to get your passport unless they agree to expedite things for you after the oath.
Thanks a lot for your time and advice.
I know there are some urgent/express services for in person passport pick up.
But the other option I’m thinking about is to apply for US work visa using my home country passport, and don’t risk on waiting for Canadian passport.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks a lot for your time and advice.
I know there are some urgent/express services for in person passport pick up.
But the other option I’m thinking about is to apply for US work visa using my home country passport, and don’t risk on waiting for Canadian passport.
But this is not the problem: the problem is once you do the oath, you cut your PR card, and cannot enter back to Canada without a passport, unless you can cross by land with your citizenship certificate, which I am not sure about. Things to think about in advance

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
That’s true. Thank you so much for your kind help @CaBeaver
I would honestly take the Oath and look into picking up your citizenship certificate in person; I believe that it's possible, given the right circumstances (of which I do not know, unfortunately.) If you can get it in person right after the ceremony, then you can vamoose to the States and apply there at the Embassy/Consulate.

Tulip85

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for your comment @chs
I can’t get my US work permit with Canadian citizenship certificate. I’m gonna go on J-1 US visa which will be issued at the airport for Canadians and they will need the real Canadian passport to issue the visa.
But still think if the oath is really going to be held on Feb 16 and I trust this date (they don’t change or cancel it), I will be able to get the passport before March 1st.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Thanks for your comment @chs
I can’t get my US work permit with Canadian citizenship certificate. I’m gonna go on J-1 US visa which will be issued at the airport for Canadians and they will need the real Canadian passport to issue the visa.
But still think if the oath is really going to be held on Feb 16 and I trust this date (they don’t change or cancel it), I will be able to get the passport before March 1st.
I haven't taken the Oath, yet, but, from what I've read on this forum, they're very precise on the date as they have to account for the number of people to be present so they can have a corresponding number of immigration officers to help handle the more "personal" bits of the ceremony (such as the cutting of the card.)

If you can pick up your citizenship form in person, you might be able to qualify for Expedited (but not urgent) processing - That I'm unsure of; check the forum - others have had some success in going from "Oath" to "Passport in hand" within a week, given the right circumstances.

Best of luck - at least you have a ceremony to go to! Cut up your card for us, lol!