Good news for all on bridging open work permit- Program update – Dec 1

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Source:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2015/2015-12-01.asp

<b>
Currently, work permits are being processed within shorter timelines as a result of the waiving of the requirement to send an official acknowledgement of receipt letter to applicants.
:D
Applicants may now submit their bridging open work permit (BOWP) at the same time as their application for permanent residence. Once the completeness check has been performed, the application for a BOWP will be processed. BOWP applications received before the completeness checks have been performed will be held until they are ready to be processed. :) :) </b>

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
Does it mean that I still need to pass the R-10 completeness check under GCMS in order to apply for a BOWP? My PR application is already in process, so I cannot apply for a BOWP together with the PR application.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roync1031 said:
Does it mean that I still need to pass the R-10 completeness check under GCMS in order to apply for a BOWP? My PR application is already in process, so I cannot apply for a BOWP together with the PR application.

No you can still apply for it, but once the completeness is passed then only they will start processing your BOWP application.