+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good DMP - medical completed today.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am posting this so others might be less confused than I was :)

I went for my medical in Ottawa today, I am a Brit' spouse, applying outland.

The DMP I used was:

Dr Lorne Weiner,
211 - 75 Albert street, Ottawa.
1-613-238-5963

The medical consisted of a whole list of questions (I can post them if you really want), an eye test, and a physical examination, it did not take long, the staff and the doctor all understand the outland immigration applications.

The X-ray and blood work were performed at a separate location - 381 Kent Street, Ottawa.

Cost was $185 at the doctors. It took about 30 minutes - Cash or credit card payment is OK.
$50 for the X-ray. It took about 20 minutes - Cash only.
$11.38 for the blood work. It took about 20 minutes - Cash or credit card payment is OK.

You need to take reading glasses or contact lenses, a list of any medications you are using, your passport and a copy of the main passport page, and four photographs (all identical).
In my case (spousal - Outland) I also took appendix C.

The doctor provides the IMM1017 EFC form, I received page 2 of the document.

My pictures were produced at Canada Camera, Albert street. But you can also go to shoppers drug mart - I know the one in the Rideau centre has the facilities to produce the right images.

YMCA

Apr 21, 2010
Hello, I am going to apply for the PR spouse in Canada, are you the same case as me?

I am going to do the medical check up this weekend in Toronto, I have a few questions if you could please help me

1. Did you send the application yet? I am planing to send it this weekend as well, would that be ok?

2. How many photo exactly do we need to provide the CIC application for spouse? The DMP taht I called for appointment asked me to
bring just 3 photos and they told me the cost will be $138 total.

3. I assumed that you are now as a temporary resident, so I am. Are you planing to apply for the Open Work Permit at the same time with the PR spouse application.

Thanks so much

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YMCA said:
Hello, I am going to apply for the PR spouse in Canada, are you the same case as me?
If you are a Brit, happily married to a Canadian woman, applying outland (spousal) via London UK, then yes.

YMCA said:
I am going to do the medical check up this weekend in Toronto, I have a few questions if you could please help me

1. Did you send the application yet? I am planing to send it this weekend as well, would that be ok?
It has not been sent yet, I have to fly back to the UK for business (depends on the ash cloud), but the forms will go in real soon.

YMCA said:
2. How many photo exactly do we need to provide the CIC application for spouse? The DMP taht I called for appointment asked me to
bring just 3 photos and they told me the cost will be $138 total.
For the main application 8 pictures. It says this in the IMM3901 Document.
For the medical, the forms say 5 identical pictures. It says this in the IMM3999 Document. The DMP only used four.
You will also need pictures for a UK police check.

The DMP can set prices as they wish (there are guidelines), $138 is a good price.

YMCA said:
3. I assumed that you are now as a temporary resident, so I am. Are you planing to apply for the Open Work Permit at the same time with the PR spouse application.
I am on an extended visitor record (only just approved). As far as I know, there is no OWP option for an outland application, I think that is the case even if you're in Canada. But you can do it if you are applying inland.