+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going outside the border to get work permit?

laialbert

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Hi all! I'm a visitor here in Canada but looking for a job. If my LMO comes out positive, will it be okay if I just download/complete signing the work permit application packet and just go to the border to have instant work permit that I can get rightaway?
I heard others do this or if not, they wait for 3 months to have it via mail...
Thanks for your input!

sypnicole

Oct 22, 2012
laialbert said:
Hi all! I'm a visitor here in Canada but looking for a job. If my LMO comes out positive, will it be okay if I just download/complete signing the work permit application packet and just go to the border to have instant work permit that I can get rightaway?
Thanks for your input!
Hi

No matter you apply online or go to the border its always a possibilty to refused you so it is better to go to
border and know the result right away

laialbert

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
sypnicole said:
Hi

No matter you apply online or go to the border its always a possibilty to refused you so it is better to go to
border and know the result right away
Thanks for your reply but do you know the reasons why will they refuse issuing work permit?
Thanks again! =)

sypnicole

Oct 22, 2012
laialbert said:
Thanks for your reply but do you know the reasons why will they refuse issuing work permit?
Thanks again! =)
They will look at your date of entry to Canada see if you were stay here legally but it really depends on the officer such as some of the people they got 15 months working holiday visa but usually it should be ayear or less.
Or even i got positive LMO but i didn't extend my stay after visa expired and before got LMO they can consider as " i am trying to stay here illegally" but i don't think you have to worry about that.

I am in the situation waiting LMO but Visa gonna expired before i got any news. The only think we need to worry is LMO confirmation and valid Visa while we are waiting. It driving me crazy XD so think about the process rather than the result at the moment for my point of view.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You have to apply at a visa office outside Canada if you need a TRV to enter Canada but if you are from a country whose citizens don't need a visa to enter Canada then by all means you can apply at the border with your supporting documents and medicals if the job type needs medicals (health/food related jobs)

laialbert said:
Thanks for your input!