+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Go to Buffalo to pick up passport?

goonda

Oct 2, 2011
Hi I applied for a Visitors Visa to Canada and I sent my application over to the Buffalo office. Unfortunately I have an international trip coming up and I need my passport back. I have emailed the embassy a couple of times requesting them to send back passport without visa and that I would reapply later after my trip. Unfortunately I have received only some very vague messages without any concrete information on whether they can do that and if yes, when they will send the passport?

My trip is in another week. I was wondering if going to Buffalo would help?

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
goonda said:
Hi I applied for a Visitors Visa to Canada and I sent my application over to the Buffalo office. Unfortunately I have an international trip coming up and I need my passport back. I have emailed the embassy a couple of times requesting them to send back passport without visa and that I would reapply later after my trip. Unfortunately I have received only some very vague messages without any concrete information on whether they can do that and if yes, when they will send the passport?

My trip is in another week. I was wondering if going to Buffalo would help?
Going to Buffalo in your case will certainly help, don't wait for the last moment.

Medillian

Oct 4, 2011
Hi,
I have a similar situation where I sent my passport to Buffalo for Travel document. I am thinking about getting my passport back from Buffalo in person.
Goonda, if you go, could you let me know they let you in. I have been to Buffalo for my PR visa last year. I know their security guard screen you before you see the consulate officer. I am still wondering if it is worth flying up there knowing there is a possibility that the guard would not let me in.

Thanks.

dilcha9

Dec 28, 2011
Hello, Can you please let me know what happened in your case? Were you able to go to the consulate and pick up your passport in person?

Thanks