+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT---PLEASE ANSWER

sai9999

Jan 16, 2012
Hi All,

I am planning to go for GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT from Humber College, and i would like to know whether it is a Post Graduate Diploma or a Certificate ...Please answer and how are the Job Opportunities for this Course and are we eligible fr 3 PGWP please reply asap.....

PLEASE ANSWER

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sai9999 said:
Hi All,

I am planning to go for GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT from Humber College, and i would like to know whether it is a Post Graduate Diploma or a Certificate ...Please answer and how are the Job Opportunities for this Course and are we eligible fr 3 PGWP please reply asap.....

PLEASE ANSWER
Hi,

1. Read a post by PISSED (a member).

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/global-business-management-may-2012-t91567.0.html;msg1180178#msg1180178

and don't take his post as discouraging one, instead pick up what's good and relevant for you.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
sai9999 said:
Hi All,

PLEASE ANSWER
I am in the same college but different course (the course that I wanted to study) and I have tonnes of friends here who are studying in GBM at Humber including my room mate.

To start with I would say GBM is not a bad course, it is like a blend of all the management subjects that are required for international business and transactions. But its not a specialization course and lately it has turned into a device which people use to come to Canada and get 3 year PGWP which leads to PR and of which employers are very well aware of.

The ratio of Desis (Indians+Pakistanis+Bangladeshis) to locals/any other national is around 9:1 in a class of 60. (or even less)

Professors for this particular course are strict as compared to others course. I have heard about students mocking profs during the class in their local languages although profs do neglect all that but it does reflect on their overall behavior towards Desis which any GBM student can tell you about. (I have not seen this happening in Marketing Mgmt or HRM).

My room mate is a 3rd Sem GBM student and one of his GBM senior friend got a decent job (with $40k annual pay) although his engineering background was the key factor that helped him get the Job (in addition to the Canadian Experience that he gathered over the time).

You can chat with Humber GBM students on this forum, nickmalik and khurana are two such members. I am not sure if they do come online anymore.

Don't run after the PR and Citizenship, go for the course you like as enfield suggested.

sai9999

Jan 16, 2012
Re: GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT---PLEASE ANSWER URGENT

K Please suggest me other courses which i can go for and which are for 2 years pls very urgent and my background is B.COM .............

PLEASE REPLY VERY URGENT URGENT

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT---PLEASE ANSWER URGENT

sai9999 said:
K Please suggest me other courses which i can go for and which are for 2 years pls very urgent and my background is B.COM .............

PLEASE REPLY VERY URGENT URGENT
Hi,

1. Search one by one @ www.canadian-universities.net/Community-Colleges/Programs/Business_and_Office.html

sai9999

Jan 16, 2012
Hi,

But my main intention is to study for 2 years and get a 3 yrs PGWP and then if any chances are there then apply for a PR..
I know Education is also very important,i also have to repay my educational loan, so please help me..

Need ur help...............and pls also tl me whether GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT is a PG Diploma Certificate or Diploma or only a Certificate...

george11

Oct 12, 2011
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/global-international-business-management-future-t94165.0.html

I am trying find the same answer as by younger brother is planning to do the same from Humber College.

It is somewhat like BA (Business Analyst) jobs in IT field but not handsome salary of BA's

sai9999

Jan 16, 2012
Hi George,

I heard some of them (who are pursuing) saying that GBM Course is good, but we have to wait for the answer.........How much Salary /year can a Business Analyst Expect in Canada............???. Do u have any idea ??

deep153

Mar 15, 2013
hey guys .. i have done b.com and in convocation it have been written that ( have done bachelors of commerce in accounting and auditing special)
will this create problem ?? i have applied in humber college got gbm ( global business management 2 years pg ..)
while i have problem of mismatch , in ty.come ( final year i had take export as a subject )
pls reply fast need to apply for visa in 2 days

stayinanon

May 3, 2013
I have completed my post graduate program in Humber a few months ago. To be precise I studied global business management there. I have come here to explain to everyone what Humber really is. It is just a community college and a worst one at that. Every year I see dozens of students joining this program but there is nothing you get except your precious time and money get wasted. Employers view this degree as a joke and Humber has dozens of issues. It is filled with bureaucracy. Their program coordinator going by the name of +ony is the most professional bull*censored word*ter I have ever seen. Most of all they never give you internships and even if you find one they do not approve it. Many students here are a victim of vague and unfair policies and you cannot approach them for any problems even if they hover around all day without doing anything. Specially the program coordinator does absolutely nothing there. Except a few none of the professors take their job seriously but expect students to be so. We are kept so busy that we do not have the time to advice you students. Do not waste your life here. Its not worth it. Get into universities or continue with what you do there. Colleges in canada are for students who are unable to make to the universities and hence are not respected. You can still go ahead and join if your fine with working on minimum wage jobs and throw away your career. Ask students who finished the course where reality hits hard. Enrolled students have no idea what is going to happen to them until they finish.

tiger007

Champion Member
stayinanon said:
I have completed my post graduate program in Humber a few months ago. To be precise I studied global business management there. I have come here to explain to everyone what Humber really is. It is just a community college and a worst one at that. Every year I see dozens of students joining this program but there is nothing you get except your precious time and money get wasted. Employers view this degree as a joke and Humber has dozens of issues. It is filled with bureaucracy. Their program coordinator going by the name of +ony is the most professional bull*censored word*ter I have ever seen. Most of all they never give you internships and even if you find one they do not approve it. Many students here are a victim of vague and unfair policies and you cannot approach them for any problems even if they hover around all day without doing anything. Specially the program coordinator does absolutely nothing there. Except a few none of the professors take their job seriously but expect students to be so. We are kept so busy that we do not have the time to advice you students. Do not waste your life here. Its not worth it. Get into universities or continue with what you do there. Colleges in canada are for students who are unable to make to the universities and hence are not respected. You can still go ahead and join if your fine with working on minimum wage jobs and throw away your career. Ask students who finished the course where reality hits hard. Enrolled students have no idea what is going to happen to them until they finish.
Sad but true. The agents in India should be stopped from lying, cheating and manipulating students into believing that these kind of PG generic business courses are actually good for students... and will make a career!
Totally Agree.

+1

mkm

Jul 20, 2013
Hello friendz,

I have also read a post by "piss" a member in forum and I have skimmed whatever looked relevant.

Well, I have done 4 years Fashion and Apparel designing & Merchandising(2008-12) from a college of India.
And planning to study in Canada by taking January,2014 intake but somebody told me that postgraduate in "Fashion Merchandising or fashion management" is not available in Jan intake, is it right?

Because I have been working and dealing with some countries for one year, hence I think Global business in Humber is relevant for me if I am unable to find the course exact in fashion, for January intake.Will this one year gap (with job) create any problem? Also define the differences between diploma and certificate. PLEASE HELP... :(

Please suggest if I am going at correct path or should I choose other college with diploma program with two years of duration in GBM or IBM?
Suggest some way out from your end...

Your mails are requested in my inbox-
mkm.zeitgeit@rocketmail.com

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR HELP - MY FRIENDS

Sanath

Dec 28, 2017
Hello
I have completed my bachelors degree in BAF ( accounting and finance) i am planning to study in canada in humber college for GBM is it worth and u get a handsome pay after this..
please revert..
sanathanthikkat@gmail.com

aspirant_1808

Jun 14, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am aspiring to study in Canada in January 2019.
My background:
10th-83%
12th-85%
Graduation: BA eng (hons) DU (major)
2 years Commerce (minor)
No work experience

I went to a consultation and they suggested me PG diploma in International Business Management or Global Business Management. I researched about them on this platform and dropped the idea of pursuing them. I want to do specialized courses in HR or Marketing or any commerce related field. Can anyone Counsel me?

aspirant_1808

Jun 14, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am aspiring to study in Canada in January 2020.
My background:
10th-83%
12th-85%
Graduation: BA eng (hons) DU (major)
2 years Commerce (minor)
No work experience

I went to a consultation and they suggested me PG diploma in International Business Management or Global Business Management. I researched about them on this platform and dropped the idea of pursuing them. I want to do specialized courses in HR or Marketing or any commerce related field. Also, I'm in no hurry of getting PR. For me, my degree's value matters the most. Can anyone Counsel me?