+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Giving birth in canada

Ankit dua

May 20, 2021
Hello all
I am an Indian citizen . Me and my spouse are working in India having Indian citizenship.
I am planning a babby , kindly advise how can I give a birth to my child in canada , so that he can avail Canadian citizenship ?
Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello all
I am an Indian citizen . Me and my spouse are working in India having Indian citizenship.
I am planning a babby , kindly advise how can I give a birth to my child in canada , so that he can avail Canadian citizenship ?
Thanks
You cannot travel to Canada, there is a travel ban for non-essential travel.
And the cost of giving birth to a baby is very high. NONE of the medical cost is covered by public healthcare because you are NOT PR or Canadian citizen or have any work or study permit.

You are basically asking about birth tourism. AND BTW even if you pay for all the cost, you child becomes citizen by birth, you do not gain anything from that. You do not become PR or citizen or have any right to stay in Canada because of your child.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
You are basically asking about birth tourism. AND BTW even if you pay for all the cost, you child becomes citizen by birth, you do not gain anything from that. You do not become PR or citizen or have any right to stay in Canada because of your child.
I'll add that your child cannot sponsor you until he moves and works in Canada for many years, and even then:

He would need to meet income requirements for 3 years, then apply to the lottery system (if current method remains in place by then), get selected out of 100 thousands of applicants, wait 2 years for the application to be processed and only then would you become PRs. This could also never happen (just like I'll most likely never win the lottery and be a millionaire).

Travel ban, extremely difficult to get a visa (and takes a while), high cost with nothing covered, high risk for your pregnancy, and almost no advantage, really the cost reward is not there...

Ankit dua

May 20, 2021
Dear sir / ma'am .

I understand your knowledge on that . Kindly advise if I am able to incur all the expenses , my spouse needs to come to canada how much prior before giving birth ? and after giving birth if all papers are good how much time does it takes to fullfill all legal formalities?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear sir / ma'am .

I understand your knowledge on that . Kindly advise if I am able to incur all the expenses , my spouse needs to come to canada how much prior before giving birth ? and after giving birth if all papers are good how much time does it takes to fullfill all legal formalities?
It's up to you how early your spouse arrives. Your spouse will need a TRV to enter Canada. Your spouse should plan to stay in Canada at least a few weeks after giving birth - I would plan on a month to be safe (although this could of course have to be longer if there are any complications with the birth).

Note that if CBSA suspects your spouse is coming to Canada for the purposes of giving birth, they can refuse entry to Canada and send your spouse back home on the first available flight. You should be aware of this risk as you make your plans.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll add that your child cannot sponsor you until he moves and works in Canada for many years
If spouse meets the requirement and willing to cosign or self has other non employment income, works in Canada for many years will not be necessary.