+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Give biometrics in some other country?

handsome_94

Aug 27, 2019
Hey,

1) I have applied online from India. As all the VACs are closed in India and will be till at least Sept 30th, in such a case will it be possible for me to submit the biometrics in some other country if international travel is allowed in the near future?

2) Do the medical and other parts of the application gets processed without biometrics?

Thanks and regards,

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Who said VFS closed till 30th Sep 2020. They closed Paper based application service till 30th Sep 2020. So just pray they will open VFS and take biometirc

handsome_94

Aug 27, 2019
VAC is closed in India. Biometric is taken at VAC. In other countries where VAC is open, they are taking biometrics only. If VAC is closed like in India then there will not take biometrics then.

mithun5991

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
The VFS Global has already opened its services in India for UK Visa application. So, VFS just follows the order of the respective government for which it operates.
I guess it all depends on IRCC (Canada) to grant permission for VFS Global to open it's operations for Canadian VISA applications in INDIA.
And I really hope they do it soon or atleast provide us with an alternative to give our biometrics when we arrive at the immigration in CANADA.
There are thousands of students who have submitted their applications online, but not given their biometrics. So, I guess IRCC must come up with something as to grant them Study Permit timely for the FALL inatke.
Hope they come up with something for this.
Let's just pray God that they do something very soon!!

Rajesh.rayla

Sep 28, 2017
I think you should read the VACs status in India and the rules before telling someone wrong. Because that doesn't make you look wise.
@handsome_94 Don't tell me what I need to do. Read what is in bold:

Following Ministerial Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada on 09 April, 29 April, 19 May, 09 June and 01 July 2020 applicants can no longer submit an application for temporary residence in paper at the VAC. New Ministerial Instructions issued on 01 July 2020 have extended this measure until 30 September 2020. All applications for temporary residence must continue to be submitted online via IRCC’s website

Last edited:

praveencv1979

Star Member
Jun 17, 2011
Amman, Jordan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
10-08-2020
Hi friends, I am an Indian citizen working in Jordan. My agent in India started to process my study-visa. Due to the travel restriction, I am not able to travel to India.
Once VFS/VAC opens in Jordan, can I give my biometrics and medical here in Jordan and process my visa from here.
Please shed some light on my query.... much appreciated

Rajesh.rayla

Sep 28, 2017
Hi friends, I am an Indian citizen working in Jordan. My agent in India started to process my study-visa. Due to the travel restriction, I am not able to travel to India.
Once VFS/VAC opens in Jordan, can I give my biometrics and medical here in Jordan and process my visa from here.
Please shed some light on my query.... much appreciated
Yes, you can give biometrics in any country you are legally allowed to enter. Also, your visa can be stamped in Jordan.