+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift in POF

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
OmarSarfraz said:
So are people getting rejected for writing a POF gift letter from father, even if its notarized?

Thanks!
Finding that was the objective of starting this thread, however, no one has reported about any such case so far...

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Asivad Anac said:
Probably because almost anyone who has got PPR hasn't come back to the forum to confirm such details. Certainly not a conclusive indicator that there is something inherently wrong with that option. I also think that my refusal was possibly over-discussed on the forum (I still believe it was a harsh decision and something which could've necessitated an explanation rather than a refusal) and that added to the buzz around POF (which did not earlier enjoy such attention).
even before your refusal came, I had posted many times to inquire about the success rate of Gift in POF. But nobody replied. I think there isn't any success as of now as these applications could still be pending state.

And I have given one more reason to CIC, I took the PCC from Passport Office(Chandigarh, India). whereas it was supposed to get from Police Station.

Silvi

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
i guess thats okay Silvi. I am in Mumbai and I am also taking it from passport office. I guess the CIC might have put in those instructions when thus facility may not have been available at places other than Delhi. I and a colleague of mine from mumbai have also taken pcc through passport office only.

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Silvi6,

Your pcc should have been from police station according to CIC.

If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

If you live outside of India:
You can apply at your nearest Indian embassy

This is what I found on CIC website