+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gift in POF

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
also, i have given my father CAD6200 since September last year in various bank transfers for no reason, just that i had surplus. Now I am short of CAD6000 or my fund requirements, which he will provide to me. Is it better to show as gift or as repayment of what i had given to him? in case the latter, what documents should be provided?

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
vipulgoyal88 said:
also, i have given my father CAD6200 since September last year in various bank transfers for no reason, just that i had surplus. Now I am short of CAD6000 or my fund requirements, which he will provide to me. Is it better to show as gift or as repayment of what i had given to him? in case the latter, what documents should be provided?
A gift here from some other relative like your mother or brother or sister or someone in your close family chain will be more good as compared to showing that your father is either giving you a gift or making the repayment of what you had given to him in the past. Reason because if you go either of thing (via your father), you need to do a lot of justification thing through LOE, which is of no use at all.

Hope this helps.
K

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
karenn1617 said:
A gift here from some other relative like your mother or brother or sister or someone in your close family chain will be more good as compared to showing that your father is either giving you a gift or making the repayment of what you had given to him in the past. Reason because if you go either of thing (via your father), you need to do a lot of justification thing through LOE, which is of no use at all.

Hope this helps.
K
What kind of justifications i have to do in my case where my dad has given me money to process my immigration and for settlement in canada after that ?

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
rafzy said:
What kind of justifications i have to do in my case where my dad has given me money to process my immigration and for settlement in canada after that ?
I am planning to produce a copy of cheque my relative will use to deposit money plus a notarized affidavit stating its a gift.

Asivad and others, please clarify if we need to have he affidavit on a stamp paper or on a simple white sheet notarized will do? Also, can you kindly provide a sample (for language and contents etc)

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
rafzy said:
Justification because in Vipulgoyal88 case, he had given his father 6200CAD in breakups earlier as per his initial message while he can take the money from his father BUT at the end he has to provide explanation for each and every step - which somehow possibly confuse CANADIAN Immigration officer.

That is why it would be more easier to show the money from any of his relative include his mother.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
vipulgoyal88 said:
I am planning to produce a copy of cheque my relative will use to deposit money plus a notarized affidavit stating its a gift.

Asivad and others, please clarify if we need to have he affidavit on a stamp paper or on a simple white sheet notarized will do? Also, can you kindly provide a sample (for language and contents etc)
Buddy you need not require an affidavit for such a statement. It would be just on simple A-4 paper saying "To whomsoever it may concern" followed by details of each and every thing like cheque and all deposits details followed by clearly stating that "this money is a gift" and you i.e. the applicant ("mentioning your name") need not to return it in anyway.

Hope this helps.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
karenn1617 said:
Buddy you need not require an affidavit for such a statement. It would be just on simple A-4 paper saying "To whomsoever it may concern" followed by details of each and every thing like cheque and all deposits details followed by clearly stating that "this money is a gift" and you i.e. the applicant ("mentioning your name") need not to return it in anyway.

Hope this helps.
Does my father has to write this letter ?

and should this letter be written in 1st person mentioning my name and other particulars as a 3rd person ?

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
Does my father has to write this letter ?

and should this letter be written in 1st person mentioning my name and other particulars as a 3rd person ?

Thanks.
Yes. In first person. There is a sample floating around in one of the top 5 threads - have a look-see.

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Till date I haven't seen a single person who got PPR and had provided Gift in POF.

Even I also gave this Gift Declaration for PoF. But still looking for someone who can give assurance.

Silvi

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
Till date I haven't seen a single person who got PPR and had provided Gift in POF.

Even I also gave this Gift Declaration for PoF. But still looking for someone who can give assurance.

Silvi

Probably because almost anyone who has got PPR hasn't come back to the forum to confirm such details. Certainly not a conclusive indicator that there is something inherently wrong with that option. I also think that my refusal was possibly over-discussed on the forum (I still believe it was a harsh decision and something which could've necessitated an explanation rather than a refusal) and that added to the buzz around POF (which did not earlier enjoy such attention).

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
That, but also the fact that reference letter and funds are the areas where there is the maximum room for subjectivity. Thats why there are so many threads regarding reference letter and POF. People want to discuss their individual cases before submitting their apps.

I agree, most people do not care to put forward their experience if their application gets approved.