+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC Makes our file strong.!

nikhilbanga.ca

Aug 18, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Category........
AINP
Guaranteed Investment Certificate for Canada Student Visa

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has launched a new process for showing living fund that is called GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate). GIC is very a simple and transparent process. Knowledge of GIC will help students planning to go Canada for study.

To apply for GIC, student will have to follow few steps and submit documents to the required authority. Let's look at the steps in a very easy form:

STEP 1: Student will email following documents to Scotia bank

- Copy of Passport (picture and last page with signature)

- Copy of Acceptance/Offer letter from institution

- Signed GIC Program Application Form

STEP 2: Scotia bank will send e-mail to student to submit 10,050 CA$ in account.

STEP 3: Student remits the $10,050 in Scotia Bank

STEP 4: Scotia Bank issues GIC to student and sends confirmation mail as soon as they have receive the Amount

STEP 5: Put this GIC along with other documents in visa file.

Question: Once my visa is approved, how will I avail this money?

Answer: After reaching Canada, student should visit nearest branch of Scotia Bank along with VALID PASSPORT, OFFER/ACCEPTANCE LETTER & GIC WELCOME PACKAGE. There student will get his GIC account activated and open another account as deposit account and then after every 2 months 2,000 C$ will be transferred to the deposit account in 4 equal instalments.

Question: What about fees, when it has to be paid?

Answer: Along with GIC, Canadian Embassy is now asking the students to pay full one year fees rather than 1st semester fees.

Question: This means Bank Loan option is completely abolished?

Answer: No it is not, GIC is completely optional but it is Highly Recommended to opt this option. Student can still opt for the old way of doing Visa file.

Question: Now what if my visa is rejected, will I get back my money?

Answer: Yes. Student can send the refusal letter which they have received from Embassy to Scotia Bank to apply for GIC Refund. GIC will refund the amount to student's original account from where the money was transfer deducting 50$ as administrative charges.

Question: Does opting GIC make my file strong and positive?

Answer: Yes, student who will be opting for GIC will be taken positively rather than students who have not opted for this. But this does not mean that visa is guaranteed, GIC will just make your file strong but it does not guarantee visa.

Question: Is GIC similar to FTS?

Answer: GIC is on a same format of FTS but they are not similar; although purposes of both the accounts are similar. Under FTS you pay the living after AIP whereas under GIC you pay the fees before you apply for visa. Under FTS you do not have to open a different account after reaching New Zealand but under GIC you will have to open a different account (Deposit Account) after reaching Canada.

Question: So does this mean now I don't have show any documents for living like ITR's, Bank statements, FD's etc?

Answer: Yes correct, now you do not have to show any other document in files submitted under SPP. Strictly follow the SPP Checklist, any extra document may lead to rejection

RNK

Jul 30, 2012
HYDERABAD
Visa Office......
CHC-DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-12
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2012
Passport Req..
31-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-12-12
not rejection but delay

bhavik_gem

Nov 4, 2012
Thanks for this post. Its going to be very helpful.

My question is with reference to step 3 listed in your post.

Can a GIC be done from a bank not within the home country of the student but from a relative's account who is in USA?

Please guide.

XBOX7

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
nikhilbanga.ca said:
Guaranteed Investment Certificate for Canada Student Visa

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has launched a new process for showing living fund that is called GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate). GIC is very a simple and transparent process. Knowledge of GIC will help students planning to go Canada for study.

To apply for GIC, student will have to follow few steps and submit documents to the required authority. Let's look at the steps in a very easy form:

STEP 1: Student will email following documents to Scotia bank

- Copy of Passport (picture and last page with signature)

- Copy of Acceptance/Offer letter from institution

- Signed GIC Program Application Form

STEP 2: Scotia bank will send e-mail to student to submit 10,050 CA$ in account.

STEP 3: Student remits the $10,050 in Scotia Bank

STEP 4: Scotia Bank issues GIC to student and sends confirmation mail as soon as they have receive the Amount

STEP 5: Put this GIC along with other documents in visa file.

Question: Once my visa is approved, how will I avail this money?

Answer: After reaching Canada, student should visit nearest branch of Scotia Bank along with VALID PASSPORT, OFFER/ACCEPTANCE LETTER & GIC WELCOME PACKAGE. There student will get his GIC account activated and open another account as deposit account and then after every 2 months 2,000 C$ will be transferred to the deposit account in 4 equal instalments.

Question: What about fees, when it has to be paid?

Answer: Along with GIC, Canadian Embassy is now asking the students to pay full one year fees rather than 1st semester fees.

Answer: No it is not, GIC is completely optional but it is Highly Recommended to opt this option. Student can still opt for the old way of doing Visa file.

Question: Now what if my visa is rejected, will I get back my money?

Answer: Yes. Student can send the refusal letter which they have received from Embassy to Scotia Bank to apply for GIC Refund. GIC will refund the amount to student's original account from where the money was transfer deducting 50$ as administrative charges.

Question: Does opting GIC make my file strong and positive?

Answer: Yes, student who will be opting for GIC will be taken positively rather than students who have not opted for this. But this does not mean that visa is guaranteed, GIC will just make your file strong but it does not guarantee visa.

Question: Is GIC similar to FTS?

Answer: GIC is on a same format of FTS but they are not similar; although purposes of both the accounts are similar. Under FTS you pay the living after AIP whereas under GIC you pay the fees before you apply for visa. Under FTS you do not have to open a different account after reaching New Zealand but under GIC you will have to open a different account (Deposit Account) after reaching Canada.

Question: So does this mean now I don't have show any documents for living like ITR's, Bank statements, FD's etc?

Answer: Yes correct, now you do not have to show any other document in files submitted under SPP. Strictly follow the SPP Checklist, any extra document may lead to rejection

I was rejected in Sep intake and now I am planning to apply again in General Category after changing my program. Can I also go for GIC insted of Loan?.....

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
GIC is best. no matter what ppl say..

regarding that question of source country, get money from USA to india and then from india transfer to canada. this is the best i can think of.

because GIC is specially designed for indian students. this system is not yet done for pakistan or any other country i know of.

aman khinda

Jul 29, 2012
kapurthala,punjab,india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harman khangura said:
i applied fr gic on 8th nov.......still waiting fr acc number.........how much time bnk will take ......??plz guide
generally it takes about 12-14 days for whole of the process which includes account number and GIC..

sunny11

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is thiis requirement for Pakistan? If not then how can you say? When it is mentioned that it's only for India? Please provide the source.

steakpie

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
nikhilbanga.ca said:

Hey bro I read this :

Can I apply without education loan?

No, Education loan for 80% of the first year of expenses is compulsory to consider an application under SPP. If you have funds and do not wish to take up the education loan, you can apply for visa under general category but not under SPP

from here:

http://www.espireeducation.com/blog/spp-canada-colleges-list-requirement-visa-admission-study-abroad/

Can anyone please clear this doubt?

Thanks a lot :)