+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC is mandatory if I take an education loan?

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Hi all,

Can anyone please let me know if GIC is mandatory if I take an education loan? Is it possible to pay the first semester tuition fee and show the education loan sanction letter for other expenses?

Thanks....

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darvin said:
Hi all,

Can anyone please let me know if GIC is mandatory if I take an education loan? Is it possible to pay the first semester tuition fee and show the education loan sanction letter for other expenses?

Thanks....
Which category are you applying under? If it's SPP, GIC is a mandate. But then even with an education loan, paying tuition fee and purchasing GIC out of loan amount isn't an issue anymore as more and more banks, be it public or private are getting familiar with this new change in student visa process.

But then yes, some public banks still freak out when it comes to GIC. They usually have no issue paying your tuition fee but then if you can explain them how GIC works, shouldn't be a problem then. Also have you already secured a loan, coz some banks do not even sanction loan for diploma programs unless it's a PG diploma or certificate. But again all is bank to bank and branch to branch basis.

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Hi, Thanks for your replay.

I'm applying under SPP category, I am planning for PG diploma courses. My consultant said if I'm taking an education loan, then pay the first semester fees and show the bank loan sanction letter instead of GIC.

gurjant

Sep 13, 2013
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to me if you are going for educational loan then you don't need to go for GIC. Just pay the fee for first sem and show an educational loan equelent to $10,000. but it is recommended that if your fee is $20,000 then you must show education loan of 16-18 lakhs ( including 1st sem fee ). You must consult your consultant for more details as I am also a student going to file VISA for jan 2014.

Seema_Sinha

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
As far as I know that GIC is mandatory if you apply under SPP category and if you go through the SPP check list you see that student must purchase GIC certificate in order to complete the application for study permit. I think senior members can suggest more on this...