+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC application - intl student from philippines

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
Hi anyone sent money to Scotiabank from BPI? The branch says the beneficiary address should be a Canadian address and refuses to let us use our PH address, but the instructions from Scotiabank say the address we use must match the address when we opened the account, which is a Philippine address. How did you get around this?

engr777

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Hi anyone sent money to Scotiabank from BPI? The branch says the beneficiary address should be a Canadian address and refuses to let us use our PH address, but the instructions from Scotiabank say the address we use must match the address when we opened the account, which is a Philippine address. How did you get around this?
I have used my school's address

zenboombox

May 10, 2022
App. Filed.......
10-05-2022
There is no such thing as an SDS letter. You can open a GIC with your passport biodata page and LOA. If you want to apply via the SDS stream, refer to the link below and you have to follow each requirement stated to be eligible!

FYI, SDS is a type of processing where mabilis daw dapat yung result laban sa regular stream (20 days vs. 12 weeks DAW). from experience, halos same lang processing time! See my timeline para may ideya ka at least from May 2022 for the Fall intake of 2022!

Good luck and here is the link!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream/eligibility.html

Aug 28, 2019
There is no such thing as an SDS letter. You can open a GIC with your passport biodata page and LOA. If you want to apply via the SDS stream, refer to the link below and you have to follow each requirement stated to be eligible!

FYI, SDS is a type of processing where mabilis daw dapat yung result laban sa regular stream (20 days vs. 12 weeks DAW). from experience, halos same lang processing time! See my timeline para may ideya ka at least from May 2022 for the Fall intake of 2022!

Good luck and here is the link!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream/eligibility.html
Thank you sa reply God Bless :) @zenboombox

ntour

Aug 30, 2022
Hello

I did my wire transfer last Aug 23 via BPI and yesterday got an email that it was declined due to name (bpi inputted middle initial instead of middle name). I have asked BPI to chase my refund. My flight is on Sept 21.

Is there another way to carry fund (huge amount) to Canada? Natatakot na ako magtiwala sa BPI wire transfer